If it wasn't for bad luck...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathead willie, Jul 19, 2007.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all! I'm entered in a big music competition tomorrow with a chance to win $1000 and a trip to Memphis, Tenn. for the finals. The band and I have been working hard to get ready for this. We're going against 10 other bands. The only problem is, I broke the thumb on my right hand Tuesday afternoon! It's about twice the size it used to be and sore as a boil. I have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow at 10am and the contest is 7pm tomorrow night. That could be a problem! Anyway, I can't let the guys down so I'm going to play. Ya'll wish me luck. It's going to be a night to remember. I guess it's just one more reason to sing the Blues!

2. chicken man

chicken man New Member

State:
    mo
    good luck to ya, and don't think about the money, think about the fun you will have!!

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Man that sucks, But have fun and good luck. I am sure that you will do great.

4. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good luck and have fun anyway.

5. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Hope that pain holds off for the gig. good luck. your luck is like mine:eek:oooh:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good luck Billie! Suck it up for now and deal with the pain after!:wink:

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    as a gigging musician id like to say little things like that have a way of working themselves out. ive had cuts and stuff that just seemed to heal at the right time.:wink: if you let it get to your head youll not perform as well. i always wondered what would happen if i had to sneeze or had a sudden coughing fit onstage. its never happened thank god.:smile2:

8. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

All the best Bill, you've come this far so you've GOTTA be good!!

Any chance of posting some of yer music on here? I wouldn't mind hearing it. What's the band's NAME??

9. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    drop a few alabama slammers and u wont even feel ur thumb and u will be pickin like u never picked before go get em an good luck to ya:roll_eyes:

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Good luck Billie!!!!!

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    That should come in handy if ya are playin slide guitar. LOL! Sorry buddy. I've heard your music and with a broken finger ya will still win it all.

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks folks. George, it's the slide tunes I'm worried about. I use a thumb pick on those songs and it's like putting my thumb in a vice. Oh well, the show must go on. :cross:

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck brother, hope you can still play with it.

Tough guys always strive though, I remember when Ronnie Lot told em just to remove the finger, lol.

14. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Good luck I hope you win it all.
    Bill

15. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Billie, maybe doc will give you something to take your mind off your pain. Hope this works out for you, and the band. Rock on!!!

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Man up Billie :big_smile:, Im sure that youll be great if you can record it for us. Also how many times do you think Pete Townsend played with broken fingers or in pain? Do like Nike "Just Do it" :big_smile:. Good luck to you bro

17. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good luck, Billie... From what I see on some of the TV shows about "Talent" you should walk away with the $1000, thumb or no thumb:cool2:

Oh, and just a reminder... next time you're standin' around with your thumb where it don't belong, remember to pull it out before you sit down...:smile2:

18. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Billie, congrats on the past successes that have brought you to this point...Im sure you and your band will knock their socks off...Hope you do win and make it down this way!!! Sorry to hear bout the thumb tho, Im sure it hurts like heck. Best of luck with the doc appt and speedy recovery to ya.... By the way....what is the name of your band and when do we get to hear some of that good ole music?

19. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry to read about your thumb. ounds like the luck I have. LOL
    The show must go on. Cowboy up and get r done. I bet you pull in the prize.

Good luck.

20. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    you guys are awesome! keep up the great work and never let the music stop :big_smile: