If It Was Easy...Everyone Would Be Doin' It!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Aug 3, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, just got back from fishing the Ohio River last night. Me and the crew headed back to the area that we busted 110 pounds of flatheads, including a 35 pounder back on May 31 this spring to try our luck again at em. Well, river conditions looked similar, and the area the same as before.. The only difference was that was then, this is now! LOL!! The water temps were in the low 70's if I remember right and they were feeding in prespawn mode! Last night the water was cooking!!! End result...... I caught an 67 pounder and two 50's!!!!

ok, im lying here...LMAO! sounded good though! No, It was slow fishing. I caught one just shy of 20 pounds and had one other run that ended in a faulty hookup! Amazing,,,, that the same area that brought fish after fish, earlier this year, almost skunked us last night! Guess this is why seasonal patterns are so important, and...."If it was easy, everyone would be doin' it" theory comes back to mind! I will be back at em again though:wink:

BTW.. I will post a pic. of the nice flathead asap... goodluck everyone....rollo

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya hooked another 265 pounder with that openin paragraph. LOL!

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    And another 190 pounder. Mean hookset the guy has. Hang with em Rollo, i got faith in ya.:wink:

4. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Wondered where you been, haven't seen many posts this summer. Congrats on catching something, better than a shutout.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have been here bro, just working alot of hours!! fishing has been pushed back some with all going on including chasing the little one around!!! lol. but thats life i guess and i wouldn't trade anything away, for something different....rollo

6. elizabuilt

elizabuilt New Member

State:
    Norton, OH
    Jason, Hi, I just read your 5 things to know about flatheads in the library a couple days ago. We were planning on going to the Ohio river this weekend, but our dryer quit working, and I have 5 kids, so I had to replace it and couldn't go. But anyways I went out to the tuscarawas last night and really didn't do too bad, at least for being new to flatheading. I caught an 11# flattie, a 10# blue, and a couple small channels. I had one pole out with a 5" bluegill on, and got a really nice run, so I set the hook, and my pole immediatly snapped, and then the fish pulled all my line out of the drag. Then I started thinking about what you wrote in the "5 things to know" about braided line. I had no idea what you meant about braided line being unforgiving or why you put that in there. Anyways all my other fish were caught on shad, they were all dead. When I caught the blue I had to walk down a wall to get him, a couple of guys were down there fishing for carp, they said they caught some guys line with a 40 # flattie on it. I only have 2 poles with braid on them but I am gonna respool them today. Thanks for your help, now if I'd only help myself and listen

Attached Files:

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here is the little guy from last night....rollo

Attached Files:

8. elizabuilt

elizabuilt New Member

State:
    Norton, OH
    little guy he's a nice one. I'm still waiting to get one bigger than 11#.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just keep going bro. its like deer hunting or anything else.. you spend your time, year after year chasing trophy game or fish, you will stumble upon one or two eventially.. the hardest thing to learn is patience! rollo

10. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    ROLLO FROM THE LOOKS OF YOUR FACE SEEMS THAT FISH GOT YOU FLUSTERED.:smile2::smile2: YEA I KNOW YOU WORK ON A ROAD CREW.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    its pretty hectic during the warm months! glad you understand...rollo:smile2::eek:oooh:

12. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Nice fish .... But you have been hanging around with Shawn too Much ...:wink: Garry-

13. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good to see you catching fish brother!:wink:

14. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry about your luck dude. That warm water is really a bust. Shawn and I didn't fare well Wed. I took my grandson Riley to the lake here Fri. night. No luck at all in usually productive channel water. Like Huey Lewis said. The Heat is on......lol:smile2::smile2::smile2:

15. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Now is not the time for me. Way toooooo far to drive to BIG CAT waters and as Rollo stated the water temps r cookin.

Early Sept I will get out for days again....not hrs.

I'm not the best catter but for me its "when were n how" and from what little I seen now is not the time fer me.

Good Hunting Guys

:006:

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i dunno about hanging around. maybe we talk too much and he is sending negative flathead luck to me! LOL... still never went cattin with the Virginia legend:wink: rolllo