If it looks like a tiger...

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by ozzyso44, Apr 12, 2007.

1. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    If it looks like a Ugly Stick Tiger, has guides similiar to a Tiger, has handle like a Tiger, balanced like a Tiger, action like a Tiger, etc etc. Is it a Tiger? Do companies make rods in the same factory with different names? I came by a nice looking rod for about $20 that is just like my Tiger. Your thoughts?? I am thinking of buying them all.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I'll bite the bullet and give my opinion on this question. Simply put while as a "knock-off" it may be a good rod but, No it is not a Tiger. I was wondering if this other rod had a name and if you would share it with us. It would help in forming a better answer/opinion. I have rods both "knock-off" and "name brand" and I like them all but, for different situations. Not all knock-offs are bad and even name brands are at times FLUSHABLE, so pick what you like and enjoy what you picked. If you do get it let us know how it feels.

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Try it try it try it!!!!!!!! Post the results, I"m interested. Be the guinea pig & give it a whirl there, brother!

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Penn make an excellent rod called the Roddy Gatortail, It is the same Blank as the tiger (color and all), the same eyes, the same butt and, the same fore grip. But they sell for about 25.00 less than the Tiger. I have 2 of them and love them.