If Im not wanted

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Barry Nelson, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I tried to answer a post about a rodholder, it said my comment had to be approved by a moderator ???????????????? If this has anything to do with me asking about catfish gold, and im now being censored....then maybe its time for me to move on. Ive been a member for some time, bought a hat, etc..If my posts have to be screened, then this isnt the place for me.

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    With the site growing like it is, it might just be a glitch. G iv eee iiiiittttttttttttt kfkFKJfkj$$$$$$$$$$$$$4444AHSJJhJHhjJHJh

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Barry! Don't let something like that offend you. Stay with us BOC brother and keep posting. I'm sure it was an error of some sort.:wink:

Thanks.
    Mark..

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I totally agree with what the other's have said. You're a fine person and if memory serves me correctly you have a beautiful and talented voice. I just can't see that this was intentional towards you. Please stick around.What with the new server we now have and so many people joining us daily mistakes can and will happen. Please give it a few days. We need ya Brother~~Sister Pat:wink:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Barry.....I've had a couple different things happen today on the board. First chat was lagging really badly early this afternoon, and it took FOREVER for my typing to show up.

Then not too long ago, I responded to a post, hit submit, and it never DID go through.

Probably just a few glitches, as has been mentioned buddy.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Sounds like you were trying to post in the library to me.

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    There are some (very few) sections that are moderated ; Member articles, Library, etc... If you try to post to a thread in there, a mod has to approve it before it gets posted...

Its nothing personal, its that way for ALL members.
    Thicken that skin up, nobody's out to get ya :wink::tounge_out:

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i agree. if you try and post in the library or atricle sections ect... them areas are only for approved posts. it would show the same thing to me or anyone but staff.

the entire area where the library section has to be approved by the staff buddie. it has nothing to do with you. i now this because all articles ive posted and replies ive made there i got same message. and ive subbmitted alot of em. i have two ribbons for articles and one for helping locate good articles. so im real fimilar with that message ya got.

hope this explaines it a little better. i bet this post didnt need screened??? right??. it was just where ya posted. the library ect are for articles. they dont want alot of posts there just to say "cool rodholders" ect.... there the posts are screened. if it a post about an improvement to it or how yours are simmilar and you did ------ to yours and it worked better. the post will show up in time. if it was just "like them holders". it wont.:wink:

sent a pm brother. hope we dont loose ya on something like this. this is the post i was reffering to in the p/m to explain what happened.

9. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Barry;
    Barry, please don't be so quick to leave the BOC!!
    I would encourage you to contact one of the Moderators or Staff and see if there is a misunderstanding, a computer glitch {many of those happen each day} especially when getting new servers up and running, or if perhaps you might have accidentally pushed the wrong button on your keyboard. I know I do this particular act several times a day!:embarassed::sad2: Sometimes I get sooo FRUSTRATED at my computer, the server, or even myself:angry:, that I just have to turn the computer off and go take a walk or do something and cool down a bit so I can think clear headed again!
    I too have had happen to me what has happened to you. I was a new member that did not know all the correct commands in the first place, and did not know which words were "No Words" so to speak, and I blundered along in my merry old fashion not knowing everything I was doing wrong.
    I also had a problem with one of the earlier servers.
    IN EACH CASE, either I contacted a Staff Member or I was contacted by a Staff Member and was able to work things out in an adult manner to the advantage of not only myself, but to the BOC too. Since that time, I have learned that anytime I have any kind of a problem, to either contact a Staff Member or Moderator or to fill out a "Trouble Ticket" and send it in.
    You must remember that our Staff, Assistant Staff, Moderators, ect, do NOT get paid for anything they do for the BOC. It's is a totally VOLUNTEER effort by some very dedicated people that spend untold hours trying to keep things running smoothly. They are also HUMAN {thankfully} and sometimes misread a line or word because they were hurrying to try and get all the problems solved so they could get in bed by midnight and get a couple hours sleep before having to get up at 5:00 A.M. to get ready to go to their daily, paying, job!
    I URGE you to either seek out one of the Staff for help or fill out a Trouble Ticket and work with the Staff to resolve the problem in a mature, cordially, and friendly manner. I think you will find this will reap many rewards for you.
    Yours Most Sincerely,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[ End of Post ]]]]]

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Coyote, thanks for the staff kudos. Every word of it is true.
    Here is my typical day.
    I get up in the morning with coffee and open up the BOC. I spend most of every morning during the week on the BOC. I go to work on second shift.
    When I have free moments in my shift guess where I am? The BOC.
    After my one hour commute home I'm back on the BOC. Tonight I got home about 11 PM. It's after 2:30 AM. I'll probally be around until 3 this morning. Last night it was 4Am.
    Grab a few winks get up at 6 and wish the daughter a great day at school and get her on the Big Cheese off to school and I start all over with the coffee.
    Weekends is really dependent on the weather. If the weather sucks more then likely I'll be here on and off for the duration.
    If it's nice out I might get out and do a little fishing only after I've checked in to the BOC.

I'm not alone. The typical day for staff are all about the same but you are correct, some of us have paying jobs we have to keep up.
    The biggest sacrifice is not our personal time. Our families are the ones who sacrifice the most for something we strongly believe in.

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a computer problem, although some things i have posted have been removed. Mostly due to mention of "unapproved" fishing clubs.

12. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks everyone for more then clearing this up :smile2: I just never had encountered that before and wrongly took it personal.
    Sorry I jumped the gun

13. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Barry,

The area you posted in is the library. If you were reading through it, you probably noticed how clean and free of chit chat it is. That's because we keep it almost totally content based. If you want to comment on a post, just send a PM to the author. Make sure you read the first line of the post though, I had to copy a bunch of them over from the old site and they are in my name even though I didn't write them. If that's the case, I gave the original author credit in the first line of the article. And the articles are there for your use. Feel free to use them as plans for your own rod holder project. Thanks.

14. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Glad it got cleared up and you are not feeling unwanted!

15. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    you know its the labor of love!

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Dang brother! I was going to ask when you get some quality time in to hit the water and do some fishing of your own!

Thanks to you and the staff for the job you all do here. My wife would have my head if i spent so much time on the computer:eek:oooh::smile2:!!

17. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    No offense but why didnt you just contact a mod and ask them whats up instead of posting a thread about it. I have seen a lot of BOC bashing in other forums and its usually (not all of the time) something the poster misinterpreted. Im not trying to be mean but alot of misgivings with any forum can be thwarted first if you talk to the mods.

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    from my experiences if you say or do something really bad, the mods. will contact you:smile2: and sometimes contact you a second time, never pressed my luck after the first two..LOL... so until you get one of those pms...all is well buddy.. glad to see you stayed.....rollo:wink:

19. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sounds to me like you've been a baaaaad boy Rollo!:smile2:

20. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey Berry dont give up its good to have you on board with us, this site is growing like crazy and we have all kinds of people joining dont give up give it time and stay on here for a while, it will get better.