If I were a crier I'd have tear stained cheeks. Please read!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by loanwizard, Feb 27, 2008.

1. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Being a used car dealer and a landlord gives me an opportunity to affect peoples lives every day. For the most part it is what it is, people with problems are a chance for me to look good or bad depending on my decisions. I rarely feel emotional because of this and other things early on.

That said, I would like to share this with you my brothers and sisters of the BOC. Lat weekend we had a sinker molding party over at RamRods house. In the planning stages we called each other, planned rides etc... Well, my fishin partner 85% of the time is Netman Jack and he was to meet me over at the car lot where we would then go pick up Rollo.
    Rollo, Jack and I cut up an awful lot on here but we are pretty tight.... I thought. Well around Christmas, I was walking through an old canal boat town (Roscoe Village), when I saw some hot relish type stuff. Netman likes hot things so I picked it up for him for Christmas. Well, we haven't seen each other since his flathead season ended, sometime in October and the sinker gathering was when we'd see each other and I posted that I would bring it. Jack said he had a surprise for me and Rollo asked if we wanted to drive alone.... You get the drift of that type of conversation.

Saturday morning rolls around and I meet Jack, get loaded up and head out. Just chatting away I handed Jack that little 6 oz bottle of condiment and asked what surprise he had for me. Jack pulled out a little photo envelope and said, well it wasn't dry yet so I took a picture of it.

When I opened it I was speechless, and that is saying something from the silver tongued devil. It was a picture of a painting. He painted me an 18x24 canvas of a flathead under a limb with a tire leaned against the tree all painted as an underwater scene. Folks, this is no Bob Ross painting, it is a fine piece of art that will hang in a prominent spot in my dealership. In the lower left corner is a dealer license plate that is fashioned after the Ohio tags from the 70's and it say #1 Dealer.
    There is dual significance to that tag being as the Dealer 1 tag is always on whatever vehicle I drive.

I wasn't even aware that the man painted and from the picture I can tell you he wouldn't be a starving artist. He told me that I was the third person he'd ever painted a canvas for and, doggone it I am not an emotional type, but my eyes are kinda misty as I type this.... Slap Slap... ok get control boy.... Ok I'm back.

Anyway I just wanted to share with you all, newbie and old salt alike, the depth of some of the frienships forged on this very site.

Jack said some things about the whys and wherefors but it doesn't matter. The thought, the effort, the talent it took, is worth far more than I can ever convey.

So often the news we hear is negative, I just wanted to share something uplifting with all of you.

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sounds like a master piece.could you please post a pic.of it for all to see.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    please post a pic if u dont mind, i bet that is an awesome painting

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Shawn,
    Thanks for that heart touching story. Can you post a pic of it? We would love to see it. :big_smile:

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    thats good stuff fella's.

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I can't post a pic but I bet Jack can. Let me see if I can raise him.

7. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Jack posted a pic of it last weekend, it truely is a work of art, Jack did an awesome job. I can't find the thread at the moment.
    It would be an honor to hang a piece of Jacks art.

:big_smile::wink:

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks..that's pretty darn cool. Post a pic when you can, would like to see it. :cool2:

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    That's awesome!

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thanks Al!

Wow Shawn, that's awesome! I'd be thrilled myself; heck, I AM thrilled :big_smile: and it's not even my painting. I didn't know Jack was that sort of artiste either, but it doesn't surprise me......poet, singer, fisherman extraordinaire. Who knows how many rabbits he can pull out of his hat? :cool2:

You're some kinda brother Jack. :0a31:

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Awsome painting,thanks for sharin . You just never what secret lives we lead at times or our hidden talents .:wink:

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i must say, I was much impressed myself. It just goes to show what friendship really means. I have known either very long. But can say, they are both mighty fine people and I it is nice to know people like them. I actually called jack one night just to get my mind straight with a few issues. I hardly know this guy, but he got me back on track.. thanks for the thread shawn, and hats off to both of you...rollo

13. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Dont lie Shawn I saw you crying at the sinker making gathering or was that the amount of lead burnoff in the air:crazy:

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    wow! now thats a nice justure and painting. you got talent brother.

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I definitely aggree with everyone here. Thats is an amazing painting!

16. keyskevin

keyskevin New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the link Al,and thanks to the Artist as well.

17. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    HEY JACK! Do ya do nudes? LOL! When I first saw it a while back I admired it. Fine work and a great geture.

18. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Thats awesome.The story and the painting.The bond that fishing partners is one that cannot be truely explained.Sadly many do not realize what they have until it is gone.Its great to see someone who realizes what really matters and appreciates it.

19. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    definantly a fine photo.makes you want to ease up and tickel his bottom jaw.