If I do, Could you....??? Mountain Home, Arkansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by sal_jr, Dec 28, 2006.

1. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Arkies... Arkansas-ites.... Arkansasians.... Arkans- ok wht the heck do I say to address the people of Arkansas.... Ah- I got it!!!!

"PEOPLE OF ARKANSAS" :smile2: I have a request, of sorts:

There is a chance that I will be down in Mountain Home, Arkansas in late may for a few days with some family.

IF... I can break away for a night, would someone out there be able to help a lonely bald guy out and take me fishing for some big ole kitties? What if my brother or wife comes along? Can someone out there set us into some cats? I promise to cover extra costs. I just want to make sure that after Im done doing my business down there that I can go get some real fish on the line.

Is there anyone close by? Is there a BOC brother or sister out there who can rescue me for a night and take me out to a real southern river for some real southern fishing? If there is someone out there, would you be willing if I split the costs, to pick me up, fish me to death and return my slime-covered body to my hotel room before 6am, so the rest of my family does not know I disappeared?

If this happens, it will be around the last week of may- so there is plenty of time. I am just hoping for early hints of chance while I wait to see if this family trip will happen.

Lets talk, friendly arkansasites, arkansausages.... arkansas... ok what the heck do I call you by the way. In michigan, you're a "michigander". I doubt you are "Arkansasders". :roll_eyes: :cool2:

-Sal

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Sal,
    Arkansawyers is one term my Daddy always used. He was born in Bigelow.
    The last weekend in May is Memorial Day weekend,,notoriously a BAD time to be on the southern lakes, LOL.
    Mean Gene Chambers lives there, I believe.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    My concern over what to call an Arkie is the south itself.
    It will never be the same.

4. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Good to know!

If you say it is a bad time to be out there, I will heed the warning. Thank you. Ill fish the south for cats another time then and just spend the trip with family as planned.

-Sal

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Sal, I would be glad to take you fishing but Mountain Home is no where near me. We do have members that live there such as smelly cat/real name=Elton Stanley. I think three-rivers/ real name = Danny Nelton is fairly close.

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Sal, just give up now, and make the trip to where you can swing through Tulsa durring the First weekend of June. Be happy to hook you up with some good food and coffee, and maybe a little fishing.

Oh, did I mention that Keystone is the first weekend of June. not that far from the last weekend in May

7. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I'm only 43 miles from the lake, have a boat and more than likely free one night. Don't know much about the lake though. Maybe we can get some good clues from Mean Gene on where to go. It will be crowded but is a big lake.

Or we could go to Horseshoe Bend and fish Crown Lake. It's where me and my bro in law go all the time. I'm just 8 miles from this lake. It has some decent ones in it too. Our biggest so far is 11 pounds. Lots of 4-6 pounders. Back during the summer a 38 pounder was caught there.

Either place is fine with me.

8. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    You driving down, or are you flying down?

9. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Hey Sal,
    I live about 80 miles east southeast of Mt. Home. If you look at the map, locate hwy 62 and follow it from Mt. Home to Ash Flat. At Ash Flat, follow hwy 167 to Hardy. At Hardy, follow hwy 63 to Black Rock. I live 13 miles south of Black Rock at a small community called Lynn. I'm only about 6 miles from the Black River. I wouldn't want to fish it at night because of the blood suckers but I would be more than happy to take you for an all day trip. Fishing is usually good and there is a good chance to hook on of 20lbs or better. Just let me know. It takes about an hour and a half to drive from Mt. Home to my place.