If Enough wasn't Enough!

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Catcaller, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I requested prayers for my friend who died in a terrible car crash just the other day...we paid our consolences to the family, and got her buried today.

Everything went as well as it could and typically does goes at a funeral...which was awful.

But at least now we can begin to enter the healing process...which of course takes time.

To top all this off...this morning...right before the funeral I checked my cell phone...and there was a missed call at 3 am (I was asleep), but no message was left.

It was from my mother down by Tulsa, Oklahoma. (Little bitty town of Porter)

I called her back...concerned about the timing of the call...and sure enough!

More bad news...just as I feared.

Her house burned to the ground during the overnite. (They think it was electrical in nature)

The only bright spot was that she managed to detect the fire...woke my step father who was sleeping...grabbed the 2 birds and the dog...and boogied on outside as they called the fire dept.

She had been watching tv on the couch at 1:30 am...when she smelled something funny.

She got up, and went to check the kitchen...only to find that the odor was stronger back towards the utility room/garage door.

She opened up the garage door to find the whole thing completely engulfed in flames...and even worse there was solvents, oils, and gas in there...along with over $100,000 in Snap On tools. (My step father is a big time gear head/mechanic)

She did the smart thing...and immediately got everybody safely out of the house.

Mom's bedroom didn't burn...so they will salvage most of their clothes (Which means alot when you lose EVERTHING else)...but they did lose a bunch of stuff that cannot be replaced....like pictures and so forth.

My step dad did lose his beloved Chevy HD pickup truck...it was parked right up against the garage.

But...in the end stuff is only STUFF.

They are very fortunate she smelled the smoke, and reacted appropriately.

This has been a rough year on all of us around here...bunches of layoffs, shortened hours at work, high fuel bills, budgets being stretched razor thin...and way too many funerals. (4 on the year)

I'm just glad we're not going to another funeral before this god-forsaken year ends.

I think we're ALL hoping for a brighter 2009.

I'll start off saying a prayer for that. :sad2:

2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    So sorry to hear this! It is quite a lot to deal with in a years time, I agree.

I told a friend one time that I always heard that there would put no more put on me than I could bear, but sometimes I just really wish God didn't trust me so much. Just remember that He won't bring you to it if He won't get you through it.

I truly am sorry for the burdens you have had to bear this year. Here's to a better and brighter New Year for you and yours.

Prayers to you and yours. I will keep ya'll on my mind and in my heart.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm useless at this kinda stuff Brian. I never say the right thing but i'll say i'm very sorry but very glad your folks managed to escape. Like you said i pray for a better year for everyone, and a special prayer for you and yours. jf

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Prayers going out to your mom & dad. Like you said yourself Stuff is Stuff.Some can be replaced some can't. at least they are still with you on this earth. Lives can't be replaced ,material things can.Just thank the good Lord that everyone is safe.Will keep you all on our prayer list.
    I sort of like John (Country Heart)on this one Can't say the correct thing.Know what I want to say just not able to say it, so I'll just keep U and family in thoughts and prayers

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian sorry to hear of the home loss. Material things can eventually be replaced, Be thankful the lives were spared. Prayers from So. Illinois for all of you.

6. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
  7. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Will be praying for you and your family. Things gotta get better. Easy for me to say, I know.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Brian, prayers for your mom and step father. 2009 will be a brighter year brother.

9. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    sorry to hear all of this hope things are better in the new year prayer sent ur way from ohio god bless

10. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Brian - I could not access the post about your friend in the crash. But, glad your family got out of the house safe . My prayers go out to all of you in this time of need.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Man ,Thats tough Brian,Prayers to your family.

12. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Brian,
    Prayers from NC.
    My advice-Find a clergy person and talk to them about your losses and concerns so you arent going it alone. If you dont have one already find one.
    Take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.
    Lindsay

13. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    God is good and gracious lets pray God please give this family peace your peace that passes all understanding Father God we lift them up tp you so that you hand of mercy and grace can touch their lives and fill the void that was created by the deaths and the fire. I also confess over them psalms 32:6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou may be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. that you will bring fountains of your living water and blessing to this family in Jesus name amen

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Prayers sent from Nevada.

15. James1987

James1987 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Hey brian i want you to know that even though weve never met my prayers are going out to you and all your family. Tragedies like this cant be avoided but just think of it as a way of the lord making you stronger. The love of your family is the only thing you need in this world. I wish you the best and am sorry for the pain and anguish you have been through.