IE or Firefox?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman529, Dec 19, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I wanted to see who uses Microsoft Internet Explorer and who uses Mozilla Firefox to browse the Web. I wish I could have posted a poll, most of you probably know I can't.:sad2: But I decided that it won't stop me from writing a poll, whether it is a plain thread or an actual "multiple choice" poll with stats. So I guess this is the best I can do for now. Just tell me what you are using, and if it's neither of the above browsers, what do you use? I personally would not use anything other than Firefox or IE. When I create Web pages I always test them in both browsers so my site will look good any way.

So just post a reply, I will count the results and then I will know which browser is most popular for this community. Thanks y'all.

2. Karoake_katfish

Karoake_katfish New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I use the Mozilla firefox the most because it seems not to "kick-me-off" as much as the others. Firefox also seems to load up a little faster for me so i am going to stick with this one.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Just recently started using Firefox and love it! It is much more secure than IE. The Ad-Aware SE always picks up junk on IE but not on Firefox.

Merry Christmas, Jon.
    Cheryl

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Polls have been done.

IE is most popular within the site

HOWEVER

Firefox is what I use. Heck, only thing I use internet exploiter for is that which the company I work for tells me I have to *(because it wont work on anything else)*

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use IE just because that's what I use.

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    IE here, Jon, for all of the 6 years I've been online.

Tried a different one early on... Net - - - something-or-other, but never got comfortable with it. Downloaded the latest version of explorer last month, #7, I think it was, and it's working great :cool2:

7. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I can replace "- - -" with "scape"
    I tried Netscape and it sucks. Firefox is by far the best browser but I have been using IE for a long time and making the switch is difficult.

8. davy51

davy51 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I use a combonation of firefox and opera

opera seems faster than firefox and I dont have to look up addons

9. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I use Firefox. I made the change for security reasons a year or two back. I expect that IE has caught up with the release of IE7, but Firefox is still a much smaller target for spyware and virus writers. Plus, I've gotten used to Firefox and just like it better now.

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Been using Firefox for the last 2 years. Before that it was a mix of Netscape 7.0 and IE.

From what I've heard of IE7 I will be staying with Firefox.

11. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've been using Firefox with the ad-killer add-on and love it. I have IE(xasperation)7, also, but almost never use it. With my existing dial-up, Firefox is much faster. Can't wait to get DSL in January. :smile2:

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I was using MIE and having some problems. Luckily, the fine folks at BOC schooled me about Firefox and things are running pretty smooth now.

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I run about 50/50... I reckon you could say I'm still riding the fence... there are some things on each that I'm more comfortable with... IE is my default:roll_eyes:

~~~~~~~~~~
    What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

14. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    Firefox works much better on dial up or DSL than IE, I've given IE7 a try on both and will stick to Firefox.
    Can't wait until I get my Wild Blue! Hopefully any week now.

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I guess I will try firefox.
    I have never used nothing but Netscape.
    I never liked IE

16. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Ok, tidbit of info for those who are interested.

Back several years ago I worked for a company in Tulsa called Decision One. One of the products supported by Decision One, was Netscapes helpdesk. The ORIGINAL Netscape. Along around 1999 or 2000 Netscape was purchased by AOL and was then changed into the browser that most of you who use Netscape are familiar with. When AOL purchased Netscape, the original programmers split. They quit the company. The soon developed a new browser which is the Mozilla Firefox program that we now know today. Mozilla was the domain/name of the Netscape Support Knowledge base before AOL purchased Netscape.

In the mid 90's Netscape blew Internet Explore away in ease of use and configuration as well as in speed. Same thing now with Firefox.

IE7 was rushed to compete with Firefox and a couple of other browsers that had tabbed browsing. As a computer technician, I personally am avoiding downloading IE7 until they come out with the first full release upgrade. The Company that I work for to do support, has blocked all IE7 downloads to prevent us from being exposed to some of the security risks involved with IE7.

17. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I use IE for years but will give Firefox a try.

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tony. Thanks for that info. I forgot abot NS selling out. That could be some of the trouble i keep having. I dont like AOL.
    I got a good puter under the hood. For some reson I cant download.
    I re did hard drive. Tried to re DL AVG and Firefox. Everytime file is corrupt.
    I'm still working on it. it did it before I re did drive. I thought with fresh start I would get rid of bug but I'm not sure whats up now. I have not re loaded any of my old back up stuff. Just the Basic stuff.
    Guess its my ISP or modem.
    Very tired of the problem. Tired of wasting my time on slow stuff.
    Like I said. My puter is good under the hood. Only thing wrong is maybe my modem and keyboard which hits and miss now and then.

19. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    Thanks Tony,

Less than a month ago I purchased a new machine, had IE7 on it.
    Went to microsoft.com to update the latest downloads - it locked up and is back in at the factory.

I spent a lot of time on the phone with tech support trying to get the thing back running before returning it, this lockup problem didn't surprise them.

The Tech support people told me they use Firefox with AVG anti virus, this is from a computer manufacture!

20. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I use both. Why? Because my wife likes IE and I like the other.
    Bill