Identify this song

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rednecksportsman511, Jan 3, 2008.

1. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    I heard this song on my uncle's satellite radio, and I wanted to find it. Trouble is, I can't figure out what the song's called or who sings it. The only lyrics I recall are from the chorus:

"Here I am
    Singin' this song again,
    There I go...."
    :cool2:
    I seem to recall the song was talking about life on the road as a musician. Kinda slow tempo, accompanied by a guitar.

Usually I can find just about any song I hear and download it, but they play so much little-known stuff on satellite radio that I can't find it anywhere.
    :angry:
    Closest song I found to it was called "Here I Go Again" by Country Joe and the Fish. I'm fairly sure that aint it though.

2. rednecksportsman511

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    Guess what guys, as soon as I post that, I find it. :smile2:

It's a Bob Seger song, "Turn the Page." Check it out :big_smile:

3. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    If I can't remember the name of a song I just Google some of the lyrics. You can find just about any song name you want that way.

4. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    Yup, it's bob singing turn the page.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Great song, John. I was gonna reply, but you found it. I like his older stuff best. I bought his new CD last year, and it had a few good ones on it.

Try this one:

How many years, will it take to see the sun
    How many days till I'm done
    It's only my confusion
    Waiting in the night

Another older rocker..................is that good English?

We used to have a thread a long while back where we tried to identify the song, but this is for you to see who did the song, and possibly the title.

Take care.
    Cheryl

6. rednecksportsman511

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    Yep, I sure remember that thread. Im not familiar with those lyrics though. I looked up the chords for "Turn the Page" and it's a real easy song to play if any of yall play.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Leon Russell

Born in 1942. I love his older stuff. Especially his Hank's Back album, which has songs like Rolling in My Sweet Baby's Arms and She Thinks I Still Care. Known mostly as a rock and roll musician, this is a unique album because it is country and bluegrass.

And some people never know it's him, until you tell them, or they ask.

I saw him several years back in a small venue, and he wanted to play too loud for it. When someone told him, he got an attitude and cranked it even louder. He didn't have that problem when he played to larger numbers in the 70's.

Have you ever heard any of his music?

Take care.
    Cheryl

8. rednecksportsman511

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    If I have, I'd have to hear it, but I don't know the name. I downloaded that song though, Stranger in a Strange Land. I like it, has a real neat feel to it. Thanks for sharing :big_smile:

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    If you like him, check out some of the songs on these albums, too. Will O' the Wisp and Carney.

Gotta run outside and see if I can see any of the meteor shower.

Take care.
    Cheryl

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yes it sure is Cheryl, one of my favorite Seger songs :cool2:.

I've never seen Bob in concert, but that particular song will always remind me of a night about, oh, 20 years or so ago. All the after the bar billiard buddies were hangin' out at my house listening to music, and my roomate Carole and I were singing along as usual. We were all having a wonderful (and loud) time, until "Turn the Page" came on. "On a long and lonesome highway, east of Omaha....." immediate silence, it was weird - quite surreal at the time. Someone hit the light switch and one by one each person struck a lighter and held up the flame, just like a concert scene, except it was my living room. You could've heard a pin drop the entire length of the song :eek:oooh:.

And then we turned the page back to noisiness :wink::smile2:.

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    {{{{Tanya}}}}

Good to see you! Happy New Year! Hope things are going well. :big_smile:

Take care.
    Cheryl

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ill take music for $100. That would be Bob Segar...Turn The Page.