identification

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by yellingrebel78, Oct 17, 2009.

1. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    does anybody know a place were I can look up information on the abu garcia reel I got one in on a trade and all the wrighting worn out on it It look just like my 6500 c3 and c4 and lokks like mt 6000 but the internal look different it not the same at all don't look as strong to me but who knows but I want to try to figure out what model it is

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Is there any writing on the side plates at all?

3. yellingrebel78

State:
    georgia
    nope it done worn off butt I do know it's garcia though it has the madalion on it and it does say made in sweden stamped in on the side to

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    With out seeing the reel it will be hard to ID.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    look on the bottom of the foot, were it goes on the rod, match the #s with the #s on this site http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/thumbnails.php?album=27&page=3 the first few #s on the foot should match the last #s on one of theise scematics ie ambassadeur 6000 05 01 the 05 01 will be what you find on the bottom of the reel. this may or may not help

6. yellingrebel78

State:
    georgia
    k thanks I'll look at the serial # on that sight see if it helps

7. yellingrebel78

State:
    georgia
    the reel I gotten has a fixed shaft on the spool and has the bearing in the end caps were as my 6500 c3 & c4 has the bearing in the spool and not a fixed shaft and my 6000 is the same as my 6500 c3 & c4

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
  9. yellingrebel78

State:
    georgia
    red not for sure I think I figured it out it's the plain 6500 according the scematics but not for sure just wanted hear what yall thought like I said it's red same size as the others but with a fixed spool on the shaft