Ideas needed.

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Bubbakat, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Guys and gals :wink: I need your ideas here. I have a 24 foot toon and need a way to mount my trolling motor on the front. It has the casting deck out front with the two seats and the rail behind it and in front of it the outside little section all by its self has a rail around it and I don't like the way they mounted the trolling motor on it.
    Can I build an extension out from level with the deck and install it there. The open spot where you enter the toon is out. (cause my wife said so)

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Willard, I never though about where a trolling motor would go on a toon. If I can help you, just let me know and I will be there.

3. wormduck

wormduck New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ive never had a pontoon but if i come up with something i get back with you

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Electric drive mounted on the cavitation plate of the outboard.:wink:

5. jeremy0000

jeremy0000 New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Each of the trolling motor manufacturer's make a quick release plates that mount to the deck of the pontoon. When your ready to use your motor you pull it out from under the seat, or wherever it's stowed plug it in and start trolling. When your done you pull a lever to remove it and it stows away quickly.

Good Luck :wink:

(Edit: I just noticed there is too much winking going on in this thread. Someone is gonna think something is going on.)

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    "Cause my Wife said so" Willard I see your getting smarter. You better listen to her. "When Moms not Happy, no body is happy. Can't help you on the toon. Best of luck.:wink: