Ideas For Storing Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by oh no, Feb 12, 2009.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have been going threw my rods and reels and have figured out I have no good way to store them. I just have too many, maybe 30 or so.

How do you folks keep your rods and reels separate so you don't have tangled mess's everywhere???.

Mine after a season ,, some are in the boat,,,, some in the camper and some in different corners of the basement. Then there are some in this computer room.

I did not realise how many I really had till I started trying to sort them out and get rid of what I will probably never use,,,,, and get rid of the broken stuff.

I would appreciate any input.

Oh No

2. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    there are a lot of ideas in the library, but what I have done is this: I took a 1 x 6 and cut slots in just wide enough for the tip of the rod to slip in but small enough to catch the top eye. I then attached this 1 x 6 to the floor joists in the ceiling of the basement. All of my rods hang vertically and there is no tangle and no mess. Just a thought. I don't have pics of it, but will try to get some and post them up.

Hope this helps

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's a good idea. Thanks

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I have some of those screw in ladder holders from wallmart screwed into the wall 5-6 feet apart. their shaped like ] that kind of. i can lay 2 one way and 2 the other per 2 hooks without mutch trouble. I can get a pic up in a few.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    here should be my rod storage.

Attached Files:

6. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I bought two rod holders on wheels from bps about 10 years ago on clearance. They hold 14 rod and reels each spinning or baitcasters. The only drawback is unless you have tall ceilings you can't store your one piece rods, 7' or longer on them. Other wise I like them alot, and the fact there on wheels makes it nice if you need to move them in and out due to limited space.

7. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I just love the sale isle,I may run into you there....

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I bind my rids up with velcro,,, keep 3-4 rods/reels in a bunch, and helps out when I go fishin,, keep several heavy poles together, then a few lighter ones, etc..
    works pretty good on a trip..
    Here at the house, have them shoved all over the place, in the velcro groups..
    Sweetie has been hinting of a "Honey-Do" regarding rod storage...:sad2::sad2::sad2: I'm thinkin' a fishing tackle warehouse, workshop, man cave, er, a sumpin like that..

9. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    i use velcro too except i do the individually. all spinning reels so i fold the handles back and i have 20 in one closet they range from 12ft surf rods down to 5 1/2fr ultra lights.

10. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i need some good ideas for this problem also

11. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    here are a coupla pics. ignore the mess and the fact that I have outgrown the setup and desperately need to make some more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jim are you looking fer travel storage or home???...I will go out and take some flicks of our vans rodd storage I made a celing mount so all our rods hang ...its nice keeps them out the way.

13. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi Jim, I made a rack out of 1x4, and hinged it to the ceiling of my garage. Keeps them up and out of the way, and very visable when you want to find just the right one. I have 2 of these racks. I used J hooks that are coated in rubber to keep the rods apart and in place. When you want a rod, just let it swing down, and when done swing it up and I used a screen door hook to fasten it.
    Later Andy

14. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I use Pvc caps Screwed to a board that mounts to floor and cup hooks in a board that mounts to the wall. The Caps and hooks are off set so that I can angle my 10' rods on a 8' wall.