Ideal Trout Gear

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by Stormin_Mormin, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Stormin_Mormin

Stormin_Mormin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hoping to go trout fishing soon, just wondering what would be the best gear for it, rod, reel, tackle, etc. Any help appreciated.

2. FISHING FREAK

FISHING FREAK New Member

State:
    Arizona
    My fly rod and my flys a back pack with some extra tackle just in case and one other pole ultra light rod and reel with 4-6lb line stren magnathin i fish with small rapala jerkbaits or countdowns in a rainbow trout or brown trout color, z-rays, castmasters, small in-line spinners, night crawlers, and power bait.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if your going for "hatchery" trout just get ya some nightcrawlers, they love 'em! i have tried it all....power bait, minnows, the good 'ol "popeye/waxworm" deal, spinners, etc. seems nothing can beat a slightly hooked whole nightcrawler floated just above the bottom. those hatchery trout (even if stocked into streams) are pretty easy to catch and will hit almost anything. ive found everything from bobbers to Cigarette butts in their stomachs when cleaning them.

4. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    First of all welcome. All you need is a light action spinning set up, you can pick up a combo for under 30 bucks at walmart. 4-6 lb mono line, a small splitshot, a #1 hook, and some nightcrawlers if you river fishing. For lake fishing, same rod, reel, and line but you put a 1/4 oz wieght on the bottom and a treble hook with some power bait about 12-24 inches above that. Good luck

5. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    As far as rod goes i would take a 5 1/2 - 6 foot light action spinning rod. A light action spinning reel. Size B round split shots. #8-#6 long shanked bait holding hooks. Night crawlers will work. Breathable waders, and a good vest to carry all your terminal tackle. Also some warm clothes and hats because wading in a river can get pretty chilly this time of the year.

Wheelmobile07