Ideal Jugline

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by ohio catfisherman, Mar 20, 2007.

1. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have never used a jugline i was looking for advice on which rig to use and for different types of cats

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Lots of different combinations. Which is "best" depends on where and how you want to fish, and your personal preferences. Personally, I like to fish current, because I catch more fish there; freefloating jugs catch more fish for me than anchored jugs. But, I've got to stay with my freefloating jugs during daylight hours, and anchored jugs only have to be checked once a day, just like a trotline; that lets me rod & reel fish if I want to; chasing freefloating jugs in a current doesn't leave any time for that at all.

3. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I prefer to let my jugs do the working so I set them out in the late afternoon, check them through the night, and pull them the following morning. Needless to say I use anchors. When I was building my jugs I searched the internet and the best plans are right here on BOC in the library at this link...

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38722

I made my jugs just like this and used them for the entire summer and would not change a thing in the design.