Idea for mounting seats on jon boats

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by whiteriverbigcats, Aug 31, 2009.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have been pondering alot of ideas on how to mount seat on my jon boat with out ripping the screws out.. I had thought of all the hard ways to do it but couldnt find a simple solution... Till Now!!!! BOLT MOUNTS.. Man i feel like and idiot!!! but it fast and simple...

http://www.iboats.com/Garelick_Stai...928731187--**********.255571232--view_id.2616

I posted the link only to show exactly what Im talking about... im sure you can get them at your local hardware store...

I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was best.. and im glad i found it before I did some much un needed work

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana

3. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
  4. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    All else fails go with the bean bag. Im hopeing to install one over the weekend if i can find the time :confused2:
    Na i like Bills idea from cabelas

5. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    toggle bolts would work just fine too.. Its between toggle bolts and bills idea.. the Cuda would be the one I would need because of the lip on my seats..

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Some of THESE should do it...W

Attached Files:

7. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

I hate to be a critic but I bought the Cuda style about 5 years ago as a third seat for a trip we were going on. It was a nightmare the tension on the clamps was not nearly strong enough and it kept popping of all day for three days. My advise would try something else mines still in my garage rafters as a reminder to not buy cheap gimmicks.I think Matt might be on the right track.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
  8. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I need to insatll boat seats not drop anchor!!!:smile2:

9. DoubleD

DoubleD New Member

State:
    MO
    I bought three of the clamp seat swivel and clamp style from Walmart at the end of last fall. The Walmart here sells off most of their boat gear on sale at the end of summer and I picked them up for about $10.00 each. I've used them all summer with no problem, my boat sits outside and I only attach them to the boat when I need them and store them inside when not in use, so I've taken them off and re-installed them numerous times.

10. trollrap

trollrap New Member

State:
    northern illino
    I use the clamp-on mounts. My boat stays outside, by the water. I didn't want to drill holes in the benches. Wanted to store the seats inside, for security and longevity. The mounts came with safety brackets to mount on the side of the benches, only 2 #14 SS screws each. When seats are mounted, they are ROCK-SOLID. No kidding. Easily removeable. The near perfect solution for me. The only better solution would be a boat house. Not gonna happen. Good luck... Bill