I'd be lost without my favorite Piece of Gear - Whats your favorite?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by brad kilpatrick, Feb 15, 2006.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    What is that one piece of gear that You never want to leave home without???? That one thing you hate to forget?

mine would be a good multi tool (leatherman) I've saved many a fishing trip by having one with me! from getting hooks out of fish with the needle nose to fixing my truck the good ole multi tool has saved the day many a time!

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I would have to say my knife. Just don't know how I would cut up my bait without it.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I consider it gear. FOOD AND BEVERAGES! LOL! Cause when I go out it is for at least 10 hours or so.

4. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    idk usually i hate leaving my rods at home... fishing just not as fun if its just the reel w/ the line and the hook w/ bait... its also realllly hard to hold a bait casting reel and reel in the line w/ a 2#+ fish on...

aside from that i always kick my self when i forget pliers... i never do that anymore cause i keep them with me now where ever i go... except to airports and "secure" buildings

5. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    I'm with Brad on this one,my leatherman,I'm closer to her than me own wife!:love-big:

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    my little transistor radio and my weatherband. id go nuts without my weatherband, i like to keep up with the barometor changes.

7. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    probably my leatherman or a filet knife i cant tell you how many times i have forgot something to cut the line with and cuttin 20lb line hurts my teeth when i dont have a knife.

8. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Aside from my rods and reels it would be my towel. There are a lot of things you can do with it. You can hang it over you in a rain storm to help keep the rain off you, you can wrap it around yourself to keep warm, you can sit on it, you can shield your face from the sun with it, you can carry things in it, you can flap it and confuse things, you can stop bleeding with it, you can use it like piano wire if youre in a fight, and, if all else fails, you can dry off with it. For any other reasons, see The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. :0a26:

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My digital camera for sure, I wont fish without a camera.

10. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I'm with you Jack. I don't like forgetting my camera and batteries. Vern

11. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    The one piece of equipment i always try to keep around is my 3 dollar clear plastic box. It has everything i need from my scissors, knife, line, hooks, and even a few sinkers. A big tackle box on the deck of the boat would only get in the way. Those cheap flat boxes is the only way to go!

12. Chanellocked

Chanellocked New Member

State:
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    I think I'm with Brad on this one, I keep a multi-tool in my truck and one in my boat. But towel would come in handy at times

13. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

whhhiiiiiiiiipppppppuuudddddd,
    That's supposed to be the sound of my bait knife.

14. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

my pocketknife is mine

15. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    One thing I "like" to forget is my stringer I always seem to cetch fish when I forget it lol. As for hateing to forget, I'd go with the gerber or a source of light if I'm night fishing.

16. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    KS, I've forgotton my stringer before, and improvised one with some zip ties (of course, you have to have zip ties handy in your tackle box).

My don't leave home without it is my knife.

17. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    since of humor, i say this because when you get out in the boat and are peacefully fishing and a "non fishing" person w/ there 25' baja running full out blows by you and all you can do is grin and wave.. and hold on!!!!! kenny

18. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Two things I would be lost without. My Pocket knife, and rope.

19. wendell

wendell New Member

State:
    illinois
    Finger nail clippers for cutting tag line.

20. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i agree with Jack, definately my digital camera.