Iced in again in oklahoma

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well, i won't be going to work tomorrow...and that doesn't upset me near as much as the fact that the wife won't either:angry:

chilly temps, rain and sleet all afternoon....a frozen cover on cars and walkways....i think i will have a cup of coffee in the morning, read the paper....and a glass of merlot tomorrow afternoon

any volunteers to keep me company?:big_smile:

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    You can keep all the ice up there. the last ice storm we had I was out of power for 9 days.Hope it don't get to bad.

3. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Phil with a coment like the last part of that statement, your wife won't what to keep you company when you want her company.:smile2::sad2: Enjoy your day off and your glass of merlot.

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    it ain't that bad, David...i see some serious snuggling in my immediate future:wink::smile2:

5. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Snuggling, what the heck is that. Waite, I remember we did that once and that was enough for my wife.:smile2: She just uses me and doesn't return the love. Women!
    :sad2::crazy::eek:oooh::smile2:
    Enjoy your day off and the snuggling. :roll_eyes::smile2:

6. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Phil,

Buddy you can keep all that Ice and Snow up there. I like it warm that's why I live in East Texas...Nice..lol

7. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I was suppose to fly to El Paso this morning for work. I called at 4:30 am and the flight was still on...drove halfway to Tulsa sliding everywhere and called again and the flight was cancelled. Pretty much every flight until at least this afternoon is cancelled. Oh well I didn't want to go anyway....I'll be sitting here at home also. We at least got power, some of Bville it out of power and lots of towns close by are out also. Get to watch the kiddo's slip and slide outside.

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Chris,

The reason your flight was canceled was because Tulsa International Airport is one of the victims of power outtages.

9. catfishcentral

State:
    OK
    I guess you got power there Tony. My sister lives in Owasso also and they lost there's last night and still out.

10. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    So sorry to hear about your storm. We hit a new record Sunday 73 degrees and a nice gentle rain most of the day.The rain is what we need too, I think we are still down about 15 inches for the year. AHH, winter in Tennessee. Aint it great?smokey

11. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nope, we lost power yesterday around 11:00, went to inlaws who lost it about 3:30 this morning. I'm at work in Tulsa right now, and for now, we have power.

12. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    well guys i read in the paper what food destroies a woman sex drive and guese what it is ????? wedding cake

13. catfishcentral

State:
    OK

Comments like that will get you neg reps....:smile2::smile2: You need to be miserable like us.

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Guys, this ice isn't so bad. We can clean and oil our reels, check/replace the line, check the rods, and if it is especially bad and lasts awhile, we can sharpen hooks. Just gotta have the right attitude.

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Phil sorry for your Ice problem. There could be another fear to think about. Sometimes after a major snowstorm, Iceout,or power outage,there is a baby boom in nine months. Don't get to comfortable buddy.

16. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well Michael you hit that one on the head. My little boy is the product of the ice storm we had in Oklahoma last January. Wouldn't trade him for anything.

17. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The cold weather is great for my deer hunting but lately I have been wanting to do some fishing. Thats my luck, it's hot when I want to hunt and freezing when I want to fish.

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    It's been in the 60's 70's here. Past 2 days I wore short sleeve shirt. Had to turn on ac. LOL.
    I best knock on wood cause we will get our once a year ice storm. Around here it dont take much ice to shut down. We will go 2 days to 2 weeks without elect and 90% of people dont know how to drive on icy roads.

Enjoy your day off Phil.
    maybe pull the 4wheeler out, turn a car hood upside down , tie to 4wheeler and pull everybody around on ice. LOL

19. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well they are calling for it to come in tonite. I've been to the store, gassed the truck, made sure the kerosine heater is in order, and was wishing I could have bought a generator. Other than that I guess I'm ready. Later Andy

20. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    we had an ice storm where we live in MS and didn't have power at our house for 31 days. Of course we live in the country, country. That was in Feb. 10 1994.