Ice storm

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by catfishing is fun, Jan 15, 2007.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    how did everyone do, were on our 3rd day with no power, (we have a generater) but we also lost alot of trees, good luck cleanin everybody

2. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Bummer, hope everything else is good to go

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What part of Missouri are ya located in? I'm in NW Missouri. We have our lights but man it feels like a deepfreeze. Just got a call from our lawyer who practices in St. Louis,she said they have no ice it's all melted.Weird weather MRR lives 50 miles North of St Louis and he 's full of ice all over his property! Have a great one!:big_smile:

4. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i hope your power comes on soon Marshall.We have about 2 in.of ice with snow expected today.we were only out of power a few hrs this morning.everyone stay warm and be safe.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Marshall, we sure feel for you.

We had a bad one here in 2001. This area was without power for 7 days but we were lucky, we were gone to TX. The power came on a few hours before we got home. My father in law was without power for 2 weeks.

Hope everyone gets power soon.

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I hope you guys all make it through alright. Here, right now, all we have is rain, rain, and rain. Supossed to start getting colder tonight.

7. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    i live in Springfield MO, its pretty bad here

8. gater460

gater460 New Member

State:
    eldon,mo
    i live north west of eldon we came out lot better then what we thought. got about 2 inches ice and sleet lost power for about 12 half hours but back on now. not much tree limbs down but if the wind comes up might be some.

9. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hope everyone regains power and keeps it. We lost our power 3 years ago for Two weeks (North of Mo. River) It seemed like a month. We have Ice now , just not a lot in the Trees or on the lines. Good Luck. Mybe above freezing Temps on Sat.

10. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Yea i live just west of Jeff City, and we got a lot of ice, a little snow, and a lot of sleet. Never lost power, dont want to lose power either. I did get stranded out at a friends house this weekend. Hope your power comes back on.

11. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    well everyone, were still running the generator were going on 84 hours with out it

12. smallriverrat

smallriverrat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hope you get your power back soon.

I live about 3 to 4 hours north of you and we got ice and sleet and alittle snow.

Dave

13. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Hope you get your electric back soon Marshall. We just got ours back on last night about five. We were off for 66 hours. Wasn't fun but we had some heat with the fireplace and a propane heater I have for duck blind use. House would get down to upper 40s during the day when we weren't home but a fire and the heater brought it up to fifty or fifty five in about an hour. We cooked on the old Coleman camp stove and played cards by the Coleman lantern. Worst part was no hot water except what we heated on the camp stove. We lost one real nice pine tree completely and enough limbs to make a pickup load of firewood at least.Ice is still on and all the trees around the area look pretty sad but hopefully tomorrow most of it will fall off and the trees can straighten back up. Hope that's all the ice we get this winter, it's our second bout but the first one didn't do this much damage here like it did down around LOZ. I'm ready for spring fishin!

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I am about 5 hours south of Springfield. Our sleet/ice is in sheets 3 to 4 inches thick. May get above freezing tommorrow and we are forcast from 5 to 10 inches of snow on top of it by Sunday. Went to check the mail this morning. Had to go down my driveway like a skier, crouched over, feet spread and my butt about 6 inches off the ground. Figured I wouldn't have so far to fall. LOL Made it down the hill real good, but took me over 20 minutes to get back to my front door. Had to walk down the road about two neighbors worth and then cut a caddywampus across their yards. Thought I was pretty darn smart. Got a call from my sis-in-law. My bro went to check his mail and fell, Smashed the bones in his upper arm. They will do surgery Friday and try to put it together with plates and screws. Moral to this story is there is nothing, nothing, not one thing in your mail boxes you can't wait to get later.

15. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    sorry to hear about your brother. You stay in the house, falls are hard on old guys like you

16. dwordenfish

dwordenfish New Member

State:
    massachusetts
    Up here in MA we always get nailed with rough weather every winter, but with the exception of the last two days being cold, it has been like spring here.
    I'm sorry to see how bad you all got hit with the ice. Snow you can shovel, ice? I don't think there are enough hair dryers in the country to melt the ice from MO.

Do you need me to mail you my ice fishing cleats. Probably won't use them this year?:big_smile:

17. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    we live in Nixa and it's like a bomb went off, we have lost power 3 seperate times and the longest was 13 hours, I feel lucky cuz there are people who haven't had power since last Friday, lost my huge maple tree in the front yard and cut it up today and burned it up, I shoud say that it's still burning, I live in the country so I can do that stuff.

18. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Jack your right it didn't do as much damage this round. Where I am the power stayed on but a few docks are down again. The ones in the coves are being sealed in by ice now so they may take a bit longer to pop back up...especially if we don't warm up and don't have much sun. Folks south of us got it bad with power outages, ice on lines breaking off poles...many still do not have power down there as of now.

19. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    We didnt get it too bad just slick,I just wish it would melt enough to get my boat in at shawnee bend

20. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Watch out for falling ice ,i had a big sheet come off my delivery truck down by appleton city yesterday ,that if someone was behind me it would not of been good.