Ice Storm!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Smellycat, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    This is the worst I`ve seen. Trees down Everywhere! I am lucky. I have back up heat and water .I work at the hospital. It is overflowing with patients and families trying to stay warm. I dont get much news, no power since monday. I found this computer working at the hospital on generator. They say it will be a month for my power to come back. I heard we are declared a disaster area. The national guard rolled in today and a convoy of emergency mgmt trucks. Fuel is hard to come by. At least the weather is getting better.
    Might be a while before I can post again. Pray for us. Thanks

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Prayer for you and all the other thousands of folks effected by this. We got lucky and didn't loose power this round. I been holed up in the house all week but it's melting off. Haven't worked since Monday but it's payday, so i'm headin out in a bit.

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Prayers to you and all others that are suffering through that nightmare. I know some of my family in KY have been without power since Tues.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dennis thoughts and Prayers to you and all that have been affected by this ice storm.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thoughts with all w/o power. Mike my FIL lost their power also Tues. Brandenberg Ky.

6. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    We finally got power back yesterday.
    I have a lot of damage to clean up. 12 days is too long. I don`t know how our forefathers did it. I guess they were not spoiled like us.
    Thanks for your prayers.We are safe and unharmed.
    There are thousands of utility workers from MO, TN, OK, and other places that have come to help.

Attached Files:

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Good to hear your power is back on take a break and go fishing!

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I was in ash flat thursday it looked bad we have frends up there that were still without power

9. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Thanks sarge, I got a lot of clean up to do, but we do need to come down and stock up on skips as soon as they are in there.

10. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Glad youre ok dennis:smile2: there is still folks without power & their not happy either:eek:oooh: I think we might have missed the skips this year Dennis i hope not but i think they ran in Dec.....

11. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Oh no, say it aint so Sam!

12. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Try it for 15 days without power! Just got the landline phone this morning,21 days, and got a "shutoff notice" 4 days ago! Glad to be back with easy living and the BOC. Still have 3 miles of fence to run and T posts are 4.90 each. Fishing seems like a dream with all the cleanup left to do. Maybe by June a little ice will sound pretty good; with a drink after a good Cat is in the net!:smile2: Glad to be back online.

13. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Wisecars are you sayin they sent you a shut off notice while the power was off for 15 days?

14. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Yes. While the power was off!:smile2: A true case of;"the right hand not knowing what the left is doing". :confused2:Usually found in corporate areas,but also seen often in the management and enforcement of our game and fish ! I am sure many others have seen this happen .

15. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Prayers for everyone down there we had a couple bad storms where I live to down here in Kentucky and we had several trees down everywhere and some strong winds we was with out electric for about 2 weeks but thankfully we have a gas heater.

16. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Wiscars, sounds like a government agency