Ice on the Arkansas river around Clarksville

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by ccat, Jan 16, 2010.

1. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Big Sam gave me a report on the Scranton area...........ICE.............but I am needing info for the Spadra area down to Russellville part of the river. Can someone who has been down and seen first hand, let me know if the spadra ramp area is accessible and if that stretch of the river down to the main channel is frozen or not. I am heading down Thursday night and don't want to play Hockey, but want to blue cat fish.
    thanks

2. reel_mccoy

reel_mccoy New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I am going to Ozark tomorrow, I can let you know what it looks like there. I can imagine it being iced over. White river up here is pretty well thawed.

3. reel_mccoy

reel_mccoy New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    There was no ice at all on the other side of the tunnel. It was all clear at ozark. Not even any of those pesky fish either!

4. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Craig,
    Thanks for the info. I am heading out for Spadra Thursday afternoon, so everything seems to be lining up good.
    Did you and your boys fish today? Did yall boat or bank fish?

5. reel_mccoy

reel_mccoy New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I took the boys today. We fished for about 4 hours and didnt catch anything. We left the little jon boat at home and fished from the bank. I was suprized to see several other people there but nobody was catching anything. The boys got fishing poles for Christmas and they got to try em out so it was a good day.