ICE - hellashious fishing week

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by YeeHaw, Feb 20, 2006.

1. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    The water is freezing here in IL and it's going to be one hellashious fishing week.

2. hobocatfisher

hobocatfisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well here in Texas we just got over some cold weather and we are looking for a warming trend with some light rain. Actually we really need lots of rain, because we have been experiencing a drought for the past 6 months or more. Our lakes are down anywhere from 8 feet to 40 feet and this is holding back the fish from their spring spawning grounds.

3. Jamey

Jamey New Member

State:
    Pegram, Tennessee

40 feet?! Jeez, I would hate to see what the lakes around here would look like after dropping 40 feet.. It would be easy to scout though - assuming any fish survived :)

4. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    The fish are still there.......... you just can't get to them!!!!

5. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    Sounds loike ya have some great winter fishing conditions there!

When the baromoter starts to drop for three days its prime time,especially if that coincides with a full/new moon .Even if it pauses a day or 2 and continues to drop,its good time to have a line in the water.

I been doing real well in some nasty weather this winter,I look for fronts moving through and get out about 2-3 hours before it comes through,low tide,and moon cycles.Is awesome when all 3 come together but just fishing them fronts produced good winter fishing.

Remember,your not really winter fishing unless ice is buiolding on the line guides! LOL

Dress iin Layers.