Ice golfballs

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by center12, Apr 24, 2006.

1. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Anyone else take a beating from last nights hail storm? We had some hail that was just a little bigger than golfballs. Wifes Pathfinder got hit pretty hard, my truck was under a tree and just has a couple of dings. Lost one tomatoe plant, but had zero marks on the Yamaha:)

2. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Did not get any hail but the lightening ran me off the lake. Only caught three crappie & a nice channel. The cat was two & 1/2 lbs. & the crappie 5/8 of a pound, just a good eating size. Sure am glad to see it rain. I hope it rains all the rest of the week.

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Here in Wichita we got hit this morning. My wife had to move her class when the windows got broke. I see a bit of damage on the truck I park outside. Our stones were golfball here, but where my wife is they were nearly base ball at times.

We ended up with a inch of rain and my garden weathered the storm very well. I wont complain, as this may save the wheat crop for all my farm friends.

Let it rain.

4. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    My Wife Was On Her Way To Work When A Big Old Chunk Hit Her Windshield And Cracked It. About A Foot And A Half Crack. Guess I Won't Be Buying Any New Fishing Gear For A While. Bummer....

5. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well i slept through the entire storm, but i think we got some hail if i heard my mom correctly.
    :eek:h:

6. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    topeka dodged the bullet on the hail:) and the good rain:sad: .storms have been taking detours around topeka so far this year which totally blows because we need it BAD!rain=a day off work to fish:)

7. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    We got alot of rain and some small hail. I think they said we got 2" of rain yesterday.

8. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Been hitting all around us this last month,but no direct strikes north of K.C.-sure could use the rain here-when it comes it will be too much too quick.

News showed 1 police station that had 30 cars damaged-windshields blown out-bubbles broken-big dents

9. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I grew up in Wichita so I sent a couple of e-mails to some friends of mine there. Still no report from them but from reading the above posts I know they'll have some damage, to what extent I'm waiting to hear.

One lives on Deleware on the NW side and the other lives on the south end or what used to be the south end. Down off of Greenway Blvd. Any of you guys know what part of town got the worst of it? Thanx.

10. Woodrow Jr.

Woodrow Jr. New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have some friends who live off Douglas and Seneca and and they said tennis ball size hail with some damage but nothing major.

11. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Charlie, we didn't get anything like that last night down here in arkansas. A few weeks ago we got softball sized hail just down the road from us and golfball size hail here at the house. There were many peoples vehicles that it literally beat the windows out of.