Ice Fishing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by screen, Dec 21, 2007.

1. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Well the harvest below the ice has started up here.

Any stories?

What you using?

Show us a picture of your setup?

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    wish I could! no ice yet, cept for the trees and road every weekend :wink: sure ice a great time!

3. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    not much ice here in southeast iowa yet. some years theres enough to fish and sometimes there isnt. the last 2 years have been good for ice fishing. looks like i cant say "3rd years a charm"

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Bruce. Water down here is still verrrrryyyy soft. Need boat to fish here in my part of ILL.
    I like the little ice jigs with 4 lb test power pro. Then tip jig with a wax worm. I like to use my fish finder to help locate fish. It really helps.

5. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Ice fishing up here has been very good.

Got 36 on new years eve.

We use a flasher up here - works better - you see what is there and at what depth - great ice fishing tool. Small ponds are best right now - only 4" on river.

6. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Ice fishing is not for me. I did it when I was younger, but had a bad experience that put the fear in me. I hear a crackle and I'm ten foot up a bank. I have plenty of coolant lakes close enough to keep me fishing every weekend possible. Ice fishing is a productive way to fish. It also proves that fish will bite no matter what the air temperature is. Good luck and I know you will get your information.