Ice Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Picksecky, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well, if it doesn't warm up soon we may be able to ice fish at Patagonia. I tried that a few times in Minnesota and almost froze. Don't have enough of the right kind of clothes or footwear to try it here. Also, with age, I have become a big wooz. It's going to be a long winter............R

2. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Rick,

Thanks for the making me laugh...it sure is cold around here lately.

At the current temps, I will be ice fishing on Lake Mary. I don't know if I told you guys this, but I went out to the lake earlier to test my boat with the new motor and didn't get anywhere because the lake was frozen. With the cold weather, the ice will definately be getting thicker and could be thick enough to ice fish on.

If this does happen, I will definately get some pics of this rare opportunity to ice fish in Arizona.

:0a18:

Ryan

3. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    ice fishing is kick a$$....i sure do miss it...i just dont miss shoveling the white stuff :big_smile:

4. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Well Everyone,

I wanted to share with you something that I have been wanting to do all winter. I AM GOING ICE FISHING FOR CATS IN ARIZONA!!!!

I went out to the local lake (Upper Lake Mary) today to see whether ice fishing is possible. The past few weeks have really helped. It was below zero here a couple weeks ago and really didn't start warming up until Monday. The nice thing is that the lake also got another 8 inches of snow that is sitting on top of the ice.

I am planning on going fishing on Saturday. If anyone has the desire to test it out with me, let me know...I can't promise anything, but ultimately I will let everyone know what happens.

I am attaching some pics of what the lake looks like right now. The second picture is the boat ramp, currently covered in snow. As far as fish, the channels are not huge here (average about 5-7lbs) but it would be a fun experience

Ryan

:0a18:

Attached Files:

5. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    good luck! what a crazy winter, up here in PA my local farm pond for the first time this year has some ice on it. only about a 1/8 of an inch think tho and still open water in the middle. first winter that i might not see it freeze totaly over

6. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Ryan,
    The pictures were great. I froze my butt off just looking at them. I've been in Flag when it was like that. Got up to Ashurst lake with a 40 mph wind blowing. You couldn't have got me out of my truck with a crowbar. I hope you have a calm day and catch some fish.

Rick