Ice fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by luckey wade, Feb 6, 2009.

1. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well I got out of the House today To do some Ice fishing with Catfish Rollo an His neighbor Joe.We didnt catch any cats .But did get 28 bluegills an 2 crappies.Pretty fun time.Ive never went before. But will be back at it soon.Thanks Rollo for the Invite.Will have pictures soon.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, it wasn't a great day with the bright sun. They turned on towards dark better. We actually had 43 all together that got filleted, and probably caught close to 50. We did a quick count by eye, but had some laying back as well we forgot. No cats, I was suprised!!!!... We ran some tip-ups, and had one take a piece of cutbait, that dropped it shortly after getting to it. It was a nice day not to freeze to death also..LMAO!!. Ice was around 7 or 8 inches still, and would like to chase another mess tomorrow afternoon if possible. . Wife has me tied up tomorrow morning...:roll_eyes: Anways, I will put some pic.s up asap.. Glad you could make it out Randy, had fun, even though it wasn't cats!!!!:wink: rollo

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catches guys!! Just the thought of being on ice makes me shiver! :smile2:

4. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congratulations on the fresh fish ,I'm still looking for the first mess of fresh fish of the year.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    First pic. is Randys first gill on the ice.

Second is the tip-up setup in a known good small area for big channels

Third pic. Is Luckey and Joe having some winter time fun!! rollo

Attached Files:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Another of luckeywade enjoying the day,

And one more of Joe and Randy.... Had a blast today B/sing and fishing, hopefully we all can meet up again and fish some more.. Thanks for showing up guys....rollo

Attached Files:

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Think I am gonna try again tom. afternoon. With the rising temps. this might be the last safe trip out this year around here. After that, its back to the rivers and lakes..:wink: .. rollo

8. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Congrats fella's on a day on the ice. Jason I'm still waiting on some gills for my bath tub....

9. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to keep at it! If I could I would. Good job boys..........olj

10. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congrats guys on your productive day, and congrats Randy on sucess your first time out!

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Randy that ice fishing is for the birds. It's way to cold to catch catfish lol.

But its a great way to get gill heads and gut pockets.

12. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    6congrats on the good day,guys