ice fishing tip ups

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by stangcrazy85, Dec 15, 2009.

1. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    anybody have a set of plans or prints on making a tip up i cant seem to find anything some help brothers and sisters also looking for ice fishing gear for sale

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Do a search on the www should find you some plans if you want to build your own. E-bay would be a good place to look also.

3. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    ok thanks tried that pretty much to find nothing

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Gander mountains brand tip-ups (First Ice?) are really good and are only about $6 each. i own 6 of them and think they are just as good as the Polar brand tip-ups. for $6 i myself wouldnt bother trying to make 'em.

5. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Half the fun of ice fishing is making your own equipment. Here's a link to find some parts: http://www.jacktraps.com/store.php/categories/parts

Just use your imagination and come up with your own design. One of my designs uses a spring type door stop and a 1/4 inch down for the flag. Good luck and post a pick of your design.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with Mike, the tip-ups I bought were 6-8 dollars each. Nothing elaborate, but work fine. I wouldn't waste the time trying to construct your own. goodluck...rollo

7. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    if i had rollos money i would burn mine to stay warm lol prolly what i will do got 3 ordered from bass pro on backorder now

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bro, I ain't got money. But, I can afford a 6 dollar tip up if needed. LOL. I aint convinced it would be cheaper to make em. If you do make some, let me know how much in cost you had. Goodluck...rollo

9. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    5.00 for everything but the wood and line found a guy on ebay wait dont know what shipping will be im trying to jew him a bit
    i thought it could be done on the cheap looks like prolly not though
    just kidding bout the money my good man

10. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    www.icefishohio.com check it out if you join up mention my name stangcrazy85 i should recieve a jig or something