Ice Fishing Reports!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Let's post our 2007 ice fishing reports in this thread!:smile2:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I fished Cloe Lake in Jefferson County on Saturday (2-3-07). It was brutal out!:eek:oooh: Temp. at Punxsutawny at 7AM was -2*. We got our lines out and after an hour I checked one of my tip-ups and the minnow was dead so I went to get another and there was a 1/2 inch of ice in the minnow bucket!:eek:oooh: I managed to catch 2 Trout ( 1 Rainbow & 1 Brown) both on waxworms and 1 Bluegill on waxworms. I didn't go today cause it was even colder and I wimped out!:embarassed: My camera battery died and I didn't get any photos!

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    I would say that is definitely when a shanty with heat in it would be the thing to have...LOL

4. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Scott I'm a wimp as well. I can take the cold but not with all that wind. I might give it shot Tue. if the wind die's down a little. Hey you might want too keep your camera in your jacket when the weather is like this.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I'm still waiting on a much needed ice fishing article for the library from one of you ice cicles up north. Help the BOC out!

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Mark - I will work on a ice fishing article! I'm not making any promises but I will see what I can come up with!

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    We really appreciate any effort put into articles and the expansion of the library. It's a part of the BOC that compels people to move from lurking bystanders to signing up.

8. Bucktail033

Bucktail033 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Scott-
    i iced presque isle for some perch....caught a couple nice ones before my toes started to freeze up! haha but anyways i also iced glade run which i told you about before...got skunked other than the normal couple blue gills. Keep me updated on the weather up there.
    Ed

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hi Ed! Good to see you post again!:smile2: I will be hitting Glade Run Lake at the end of February, it's on the Trout stocking list for I believe the 24th or somewhere right around that date. I think I'm heading up to Cloe Lake again this Saturday but that's not official yet. Man, it sure has been cold, the ice should be building up!:big_smile:

10. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    keep up the good work guys, would love to hear more reports. well i hooked up with a friend and i think we are gonna give it a try sunday, hopefully the wind will die alittle and we will have a nice day.

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    My son and i went ice fishing today at Lake George, which is about 12 miles from where i live. The temperature was 12 above so we took a clam and our sport-cat heaters,and lots of hot coffee. We were fishing in 30 ft. of water using a perch colored Haleys, with a red fly tied off with a blood knot one ft. above the Haleys. Both the Haleys and the fly were tipped with spikes (maggots). Up here in the north we use the Haleys to pound the bottom to stir things up, the perch usually go after the fly. The fishing started off real slow but by 11:00 am, it was non stop catching till 4:00 pm. I caught 80 perch and kept 50 which is the limit. My son caught a total of 97. I took some pictures but the flash was off and didnt come out to good. Well for some reason i cant seem to attach the pics. Ill work on it.:confused2:

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
  13. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
  14. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
  15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Steve - Thanks for the report and the photos! Looks like a fish fry is gonna be happening at your house!:cool2:

16. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well, Dink's back in the ice-fishing game after "giving it up" 5 years ago. got me a used auger, just picked up a bunch of tip-ups, and will be out this weekend targeting channel cats and saugeyes. let ya know how i do.......

17. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    WE'll have to really get together for a hardwater fishing day sometime soon! I just got my new St.Croix ice rods last week! Thanks for all our help this year helping me choose the right gear. It was a few months back when we were chatting on here about all the suff an Ice-angler should have. That would be good to use for you artical - Ice fishing gear.
    :big_smile:

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I got out on the ice Saturday morning. I hit Cloe Lake from 8:15 AM till 11:30 AM and I got the much dreaded skunk:sad2: :crazy: :embarassed: . It was brutal cold out again with temp. 8* upon arrival and up to 16* when I left. The wind was blowing pretty hard so the wind chill was well below zero. I didn't see anyone else catch anything but one guy said he caught a small Bullhead. Well better luck next time!:smile2:

19. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    sorry to hear that, i was gonna go out sunday but i made the trip to a outdoor show instead. this weekend for sure since a buddy is gonna take me

20. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I posted a report on the main B.O.C. page under "Member Fishing Reports" for todays fishing trip!