Ice fishing pictures : Cold weather fishing results

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by TrophyHunter, Sep 17, 2005.

1. TrophyHunter

TrophyHunter New Member

State:
    Portage la Prairie, Manitoba
    I had said that I would post a few icefishing pictures for some of the brothers in chat the other night and as promised here they are :)

Here is myself and a bud with a good haul of perch and tullibees(tullibees are a good cutbait for bait for cats)
    [​IMG]

This here is a burbot basically a freshwater codfish closest thing to a catfish that I catch in the winter. Very good eating tastes similar to lobster.
    27" 6.5 lbs
    [​IMG]

The next two pics are sime good sized yellow perch the best eating fish IMHO
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some walleyes I got through the ice.
    [​IMG]
    The rest from that day
    [​IMG]

That's all I can find right now if I come across some more I'll post them. It's pretty hard taking pics in the frigid cold up here cameras only work if you put them inside your jacket to keep them warm :D Hope you all like the pics!!

2. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Awesome pics, I want to go ice fishing now. Of course that's difficult to do in Phoenix. o_O

3. TrophyHunter

TrophyHunter New Member

State:
    Thanks Sean! Hey just get everyone to crank up the a/c for a while make some ice :D .............or head north in a couple of months :D

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i always enjoy some good fishing pics. thanks for posting these.

5. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    definitely some good shots. sounds like fun.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Good pictures but I do not think I will be able to fish that way here in Arkansas. :D

7. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    man looks like ya'll had some fun. But that is not for me as I would drown myself trying to cook what i caught....LOL

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    nice pics TH! those eyes made my mouth water. ill see if i cant get a few hard water pics up on here if you dont mind.

9. TrophyHunter

TrophyHunter New Member

State:
    Thanks guys!! River scum I'd love to see your icefishing pics!! I should be on the ice by mid november up here....I can't wait!! :D Gator..man o man you should see the feasts we cook up out on the ice..(with 3-4 feet of ice there is no worries of melting through :D ) We go all out steak and eggs with hashbrowns and toast with fresh perked coffee for breakfast is one of my favorites out on the ice mmm... :p :D Unfortunatly my catfishing is done for this year I am going to post the last of my pics from this summer in the channel catfishing section. I will post my icefishing adventures once we get going up here for you all if you want.

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Great pics. Trophy,
    Thats a nice burbot, I have a freind that catchs them up north and says they wrap around your arm when you unhook them. He says there very good eating,they sure are weird looking though.

11. TrophyHunter

TrophyHunter New Member

State:
    Thanks Spoonfish!! Your friend is right they do wrap around your arm.Clean them just like cats and boil them then dip them in garlic butter mmmm. we call them prairie lobster :D

12. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    some pics from last years ice.

first 2 of hoosierpolcat and a nice bass on 3/4# line.

the third is a pike he caught on the same rig. he had a 18min. fight with that critter. we usually release all our larg fish but figured she was goin to die anyhow from the battle. didnt have good batteries in the cam either, so pic is on my porch seat. live and learn the battery thing i guess.

Attached Files:

13. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    the first a buddies car in the ice two years ago!

the second is a crappie my boy caught last year.

Attached Files:

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    ill see if i can dig any up of the guy behind the cam,me. :crying: i love to take pics but forget to have mine taken,hehe

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    all i could come up with was a monster bass i caught last year. polcat just left the ice for work when it hit. he didnt get to see the epic battle that unfolded! the bass was released

we did get some crappy that day too. guess i should have taken pics of who had to clean them all,since he went to work.

Attached Files:

16. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Oh I remember that day well River scum.....couple nice crappy and you told me you had caught the monster. But I never seen a pic of it. Very nice :rock-big:

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks for sharing all the pics, guys. Reminds me of the movie "Grumpy Old Men". No pun intended.

18. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Great photo's guys, thanks for sharing'em. I must say, Ya'll must really love fishin' ! Heck, in Texas if we get just a lil snow (mostly ice), I'm done fishin' .

Oh, by the way, I was always told that beer drinkin' was going on inside those ice huts, not fishin' ! I guess my source was wrong.....

19. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Great pic's! but I don't think ice fishing is for me. I like it cool but that's just a little to cold for me.

20. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    nope,baitfish,i was left alone to do battle all myself. i was lucky to come out alive! lol