Ice Fishing in Georgia

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Fishmaster1203, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    The upper parts of the major creeks on West Point Lake are now frozen. In twenty years, I've never seen this much of the lake freeze over. Looks like a lot of shad will die. The fish should be good and hungry come spring. LOL

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    yay aids fish!!

3. festus

festus New Member

This new format is cutting off a lot of posts. Is anyone else having this problem? Look at my attachment of Slime's post. I hope it is big enough for y'all to see what I'm talking about. It shouldn't be my computer, it isn't a year old yet.

4. festus

festus New Member

OK, Slime's post finally came back in whole. Yep, I know a couple who moved to Georgia after they graduated college. Recently they moved back, but still have children down there. They say the weather has actually been colder down there than it has up here in TN. They're talking below Atlanta, which is over 4 hours south of there.

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I'm not talking about a little ice around the edges. The whole creek is froze over, as far as you can see! Like 1000 yards or more. :freaked-out:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  6. bugg

bugg Active Member

State:
    Georgia
    We only had two really cold nights last winter in south east Georgia... (60 miles from Fl line) We've had two weeks this year of very very cold nights.... Must be the warming... Hea:wink:

Attached Files:

7. brian73

brian73 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I noticed ice on the Flint River here today. I can't ever remember seeing that.

Brian