Ice-Fishing Finally!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 24, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just got back from the Muskingum River. Went casting for some Saugeye at a couple locations, I was amazed how the melted snow the last couple days made for a hard freeze last night. No snow on the stip ponds etc. Just good looking ice finally. My neighbor has a couple small ponds walking distance from my house! Yes, I stock them for bait also:roll_eyes:. LOL.. I walked over and drilled a hole. 6 inches of good ice!!! Its only gonna get better too with the upcoming cold spell coming. I think im gonna grab a couple of reels, auger, and the wax worms and hit it for a couple hours this evening for some small gills and crappies!!!! I am pumped! Wife is gone for the day, and me and the neighbor are gonna have a couple cold beers while we fish also. (wink).. It's nice to just get out of the house every now and then!:big_smile: rollo

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    jason sounded like you had fun rick

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Good luck and have a good time Jason. Bring me back a few fish so I can put em' in the bathtub. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...:0a18:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Caught a bunch of gills at the neighbor's pond earlier. I am gonna slide out tomorrow as well. Look to catch some eating sized fish for the freezer tomorrow at a strip pit that I have done well at, and ice-fished before. It has some nice fish in it. Hopefully they will bite. My run some tip-ups as well....... rollo

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Good luck Jason. We are heading out tomorrow as well... wind got us today :sad2:

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Glad you got out today for a while with good luck. Good luck tomorrow and be safe.

7. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congrats on the good luck Rollo! Give me a shout sometime so we can get together!

8. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Congrats on the catch today. Good luck tomorrow, I'm going to hit a farm pond myself.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got my tip-ups ready with some larger jig heads, I may run some cuts on a few to see if I can get some channels. The pit im gonna hit has some nice channels in it. Gonna do some jigging as well. rollo

10. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Bro ... I am glad you are finally getting out in the fresh cold air ... it will make you feel sooooooo goooodd ... once you get back in fromt of the fireplace ..... :wink: Hope you catch a ton ... Garry-:cool2:

11. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Feels great some times just to get out of the house