ice fishin

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by stangcrazy85, Dec 8, 2009.

1. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    who here wants to do some ice yankin once we have it im freakin ready
    just checkin
    pm me im ready as of now north to south dosent matter

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i havent done much ice fishing the way its supposed to be done, but it seems like it would be a good time.... if i make it up north, ill be hollering at you...

3. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    what all species do you guys consistantly catch? Ide like to give it a try sometime..

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I mainly catch big bluegills, and crappies. Occassionally a bass or two. Last winter I started targeting channel cats. That was a ton of fun! Toby I will be on the ice somewhere if it gets good enough. You are welcome to meet up anytime, same with anyone else. I managed to get Randy (luckeywade) out on it last winter. He seemed to like it. rollo

5. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    what? you guys aren't going to the big show this winter? i'll be starring in it, its gunna be called "CHANNEL CATS ON ICE" lol! figure i'll give it a go this year

6. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    i must tell you all i dont have tons of fancy gear or even a auger im a bit hillbilly on the way i do a few things auger = splitting maull you get the pic.. this year i will be targetitng a few bigger puddles like dillon buckeye and burr oak state park for starters oh and there is always the farm pond's

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Leave your ax at home bro. LOL.. I don't have a shanny, or fancy equip. either. Thats whats nice about ice fishing, you can buy some pop-ups, and small ice poles fairly cheap. I have an auger though, not need to chop yourself a hole!:smile2::wink: rollo

8. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    i dont have the dinky poles but if i buy one it will be the green hornet from grumpy old men lol i use my ultra lite my bait catching pole as i refer to it

9. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    im in, i want to catch some channels through the ice

10. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    MMMMMMMMMM I LIKE THAT THER ICE FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MMMMMMM

Attached Files:

• 342.jpg
      342.jpg
      File size:
      38 KB
      Views:
    • 440.jpg
      440.jpg
      File size:
      23.8 KB
      Views:
  11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mike is that animal still alive on your head?:smile2::wink: rollo

12. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    HES STILL ALIVE BUT IM NOT GONNA PUT ANOTHER HOLE IN MY HEAD.I TRIED THAT ONCE ALREADY:smile2::eek:oooh:

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Heck, maybe we need to setup another breakfast once the ice is good, then everyone go out and do some BOC ice-fishing as a team!:roll_eyes: Be alittle different for a change.:roll_eyes: rollo

14. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    that sounds good.i have a 4 man and a 2 man shanty and all the gear.fish 5 comfortable anyway.extra rods etc.love catchin those bluegills and redears.Like seagulling better on my bucket on a nice day dont have to drag everything with ya.

15. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I pick up rainbow trout...bluegills crappie and channel's i even got a nice flathead once on a litte blue fox spinner...i caught a few large moputh before..

16. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    ive never iced fished b4 but i may be willing to give it a shot.

17. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i have thought about it,but the ice is never thick enough around here for it.might have to give it a try this winter.

18. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    men this sounds like we are all gonna get into some serious action this hard water fishin is a blast now i just have to go buy me a pair of golfin shoes LOL

19. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    as soon as we have safe ice i will be out. 'bout all i ice fish for anymore are crappies, channel cats, and maybe trout.

used to be into it big time years ago, had the shantie, heater, 3 different size augers, too many poles, sonar, about 10 tip-ups, etc.

i developed a thyroid condition in '01 which made me super sensitive to cold and just quit and sold all my stuff. I'm on meds now that has me back to normal and 3 years ago got back into ice fishiing again. however i just cant seem to get back into sitting and staring down a hole, hands freezing trying to work a micro-jig trying to convince a chump bluegill to eat while freezing my Naads off!

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Them shanties are pretty expensive aren't they? I thought about buying one that folds down onto a sled that I can carry the gear on, the guy I talked to said he had almost 500 bucks in it! Can you find them cheaper Mike? rollo