Ice fishin southern indiana

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by perrycounty.in, Jan 6, 2010.

1. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Me and my buddy finally had a chance to get out and do some ice fishin for the first time this winter here in southern indiana. We had a ball and caught 86 fish in all, it should be good for at least another week here yet, the ice was a solid 5 inches on my other buddys 7 acre private lake. Here are a few pics from the day. Going back tomarrow.

Attached Files:

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Nice to see. I had school cancelled today so I am going to head out a little later

3. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice work Aaron!

4. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    nice catch guys! im gonna try to get out saturday, but not sure yet. glad to see you catching!

5. daytimedrifter

daytimedrifter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    its gonna be cold saturday, be lucky if the creek isnt to froze over to get out. supposed to warm up next week, definately going out if it get past 35

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    dude you got to take me with you some time!!!!!! i have done about every kind of fishing but ice fishing!!!!

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    hey you cant ice fish from a hunting blind! lol JK ,i bet it worked good. nice mess of fish guys keep onum.

8. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    yeah next week sould be nice. i'll have to get the boat out. kinzer wants to get together and head to the KY river.

9. matahone

matahone New Member

State:
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    Man those fish must be really spooky if you have to use a ground blind to catch them! lol

Good job!

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice! Me and wrbc Ice fished here Saturday (his idea).... first time I really TRIED.... Not much luck on the big pond.... 1 gill and a little Channel cat, wrbc did let a decent size fish get away though...

BUT! We had some kick A luck in my smaller pond tho! I lost count, but it'd be safe to say that we caught over 40 bluegill! Two crappie also.... fishing with bee moths, we couldn't keep a line in the water for 30 seconds without a bite! Only reason we quit was because it got dark on us...
    It was different- and COLD... the ice was around 6" thick and drilling the holes sucked big time! lol- not so sure if I'll do it again... maybe... I dunno.

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Give it a try! It's fun!

12. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey adam ive been off the internet for awhile so sorry for the late response,,, but if we get another cold stretch this winter and its enough to make it safe i will for sure let ya know it is a blast!!

13. Lil Chuck

Lil Chuck New Member

State:
    in
    well i have been one time this year. anyone know why you cant talk people that used to be here