ice fishermen/women

Discussion in 'Bank Fishing' started by afishpatrol, Nov 13, 2009.

1. afishpatrol

afishpatrol New Member

State:
    indiana
    I know this isnt bank fishing but it is as close as it gets.
    How many die hard ice fishermen/women do we have here, and what do you target when you go?
    Myself, I mostly target bluegill through the ice, this is the time i stock my freezer with my years supply of gills to eat, then I try to move on to walleye..unsuccessfully most of the time!
    guess it's just a good way to beat the winter blues caused by not having open water to launch the boat.

2. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    my wife and I both ice fish,target gills,yellow perch,walleyes, northerns, cats, and mainly crappie. We also like to fill the freezer with eatin fish during the winter,the waters cleaner and the cold helps keep the fish fresh and they always taste better than summer fish!

3. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    I am blessed. My wife actually caught her first chain pickerel through the ice on our honeymoon. I knew at that moment that God had blessed me beyond my wildest imagination. :wink:

Ray

4. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I like perch the best, then crappie. That's about all I'll keep, except trout that I can use for cat bait.

5. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I go for what ever bites on wax worms...i normally catch trout thogh...i have got crapie and bluegill also...