Ice crystal rainbow

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Well, I was going to post a picture of it. It looked just like a rainbow, but it wasn't raining. As hard as the wind was blowing, and the snow getting blown around all I can figure it may have been ice crystals or snow, I thought I'd post a picture. It was just as colorful as a rainbow.
    When I went to manage attachments, found the new procedure, tried it, failed, all I had there was a bunch of pics I'd posted before. I did the "add" thing, if it did upload, I couldn't find it. Last method was sure a lot less complicated, at least for me. Reckon the won't be any pics till I figure this thing out.:dont-know::sad::confused1:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Damn, went I went to do try it again, there it was, maybe I didn't wait long enought the last time:foot-in-mouth::embarrassed::beer:(?)

Well, anyway, here's the pic. Still like the old way better.

Damn, gotta admit though, the pics attached are much better.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010

3. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    thats pretty neat, Jim. the pic looks like there aint even a cloud in the sky?

4. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    There were no clouds at all Jeff, just this arc that was "lit" up. The shape of it would change too, as the, whatever they were changed colors. It would get wide, then narrow, you could see where the wind was blowing something, ice, snow?

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Da!! mother nature playing with our minds.Showing us spring time rainbow's..:time-out:

Cool picture Jim..

6. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Exellent picture Jim. I got to wait awhile for the pictures to load also.:snail:

7. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I seen one east of Alma also. It sure did make me close my eyes and think spring was here.:smile-big: But then reallity set back in and the 10+ inchs of snow was still there and it was 8 degrees.:sad: