Ice cold GMR report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Went out last night from 6:30-11:00pm on the GMR , water temps had cooled off considerably down to 77-79 and air temps were almost chilly with highs near 75 and when I got home was 63, hard wind straight from the north played havoc on the boat anchoring until about 8:00 when it laid down, Then Dink Joined me around 8:30 and we headed out to do some more fishing, Long story short, in 5 hours, I had 1 hit ( and it looked like a turtle) while Dink had 2 hits , landing 1 turtle, ( I can always count on him for at least a turtle) and his other hit was just a turtle tapper, so it was OFF. completely OFF. On the other hand the Smurf boat is back for the time being. Water is very low as well so at this time, I think were waiting for higher water or warmer temps, fished with frozen shad only.

Anyone else do anything on the GMR over the weekend, I heard sat night was only slightly better

Salmonid

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes that front that came thru yesterday really turned the fishing off, I fished for about 7 hrs, and only caught 4 small channels.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I got chilly Saturday also. Better luck next time brother.

4. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Me and my brother fished last night on the GMR north of Dayton. We only fished from 7:30 to 9:30. I ended up catching two channels off of cut shiner. He was throwing live bluegills right off this big logjam. He missed probably five fish. He could only half jerk, if he jerked with all his might, he would of broke his pole on the tree behind him probably.

All in all it wasn't a bad two hours. I caught my only two bites, but he was getting enough bites to where he should have been catching fish.

5. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    What was the problem with your boat Mark?

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Motor hada stuck needle in the carb, guy said the lower carb was all gunky but th etop was clean, he acted like that was weird??? anyways a new carb kit and a couple of hours labor, and 123 bucks later, it still sputters and coughs on the startup until it gets warm so Im hoping all is fine now, once warm, its fine.
    Salmonid

7. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hopefully that will end the pain and suffering. The best days to fish are upon us and you can get some use out of it.