ICE Campaign - "In Case of Emergency"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bubbakat, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    ICE Campaign - "In Case of Emergency"

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency?

Hence this "ICE" (In Case of Emergency)
    Campaign

The concept of "ICE" is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name "ICE" ( In Case of Emergency).

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose.

In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as "ICE".

Please forward this. It won't take too many "forwards" before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved ones mind at rest .

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    just added it on my cell phone, thanks

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ive done that also I put the name then ICE in parenthesis

4. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thanks i added ice and icpod "in case of passed out drunk"

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Willard. Up dating all my phone to reflect ICE. Also e-mailing it to friends.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks Willard!

Hope all is well with you and yours.
    Cheryl

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Thanks gonna make sure my kids do it too

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    thats a good idea. in my cell phone I have the important #'s listed by title instead of name. ex. brother, wife cell, wife work, mom........ so that if my cell is found they arent picking a name out of the blue like the last time i lost my phone & it was recovered.

9. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I use a generic term for family members as well. Home, sis, bro (this works well for me cause I got 1 bro and 1 sis).

10. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I first head about this a little while ago... told my friends/family, now they all have ICE entires... we've been putting the entries in like this: ICE - name... that way if someone needs to find it fact, then there all there alphabetically... worked out well for my sis in law when she got in an accident.. parameds found her hubby's number fast.

My wife just got a new phone that has a whole separate category for emergency contacts that pops up in red... that's a good idea, too...

11. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Willard, that is a great campaign. My wife Put her number as well as my sons in my phone under ICE, Just in case I got down on the creak and couldn't find my way back to the house.

12. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good idea putting ICE first. Can have several easy to find emergency #s then.

13. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    bubba,

you just explained one of life;s mysteries to me. for the last few years my wife has allways programmed my phone for me. i was often curious, but never asked, why she allways puts her # in under the name ICE AMY. i thought she was showing off her hip hop side.

14. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Well this is good jonathon. Next time don't be so timied ask her.:smile2: