Ice Bowl NC vs Va results

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by keepitsimple, Jan 24, 2010.

1. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    45 boats showed up at Buggs Island/Kerr lake for the 2nd annual tournament. The field was pretty balanced again. Once again Va whooped NC but I must admit it wasen't the whoopin they got last year.
    A pic spread and I believe a video of the tournament will be on addictionoutdoors.com shortly.
    You got a year to learn on how to TRY to beat Va.

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Thing is I STILL don't care at all. Talk all ya want about whoopin us and we need to learn how to "try" and beat you guys LOL! How many from NC actually showed up, b/c there was nobody from this site that even talked about it?

3. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    Best schroll on down cause I posted it over a month ago. Not to mention there was a article in a Raleigh paper (Observer maybe) last week. I'm sure the results will be followed up.

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah I read that post and nobody at all from NC even posted in that thread except me if I remember correctly.

5. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    All that talking about some whoopin going on. LOL! Bring you and the rest of the cat hunters down to Fayetteville May 15, and 16 for the St. Jude Tourney, payout is 3,000 for first place! I can almost guarantee it won't be any team from Va in the top 15. LOL :handshake:Wes you coming up to fish it? :smile1:

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I dunno Pete. I might try and do it but I really don't like all nighters and in all likelihood I'm gonna have to work. I pretty much work every weekend. I've looked at some of the video from last years tourney and it looks like a good time.

7. Cathunter Pete

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    It's a real good time however, it's very long sitting on a boat for 24 or so hours. Last year I was on the water for 24 hours for the tourney and after I fell out of the leader board I went home because I was completely exhausted from no sleep. With prep and clean up I had about 35 or so hours on the go. I think this year I may try to sleep a little on the boat, though that was my plan last year but, I don't went to get caught sleeping and miss the fish that could win the tourney. I gotta work that weekend but I put in for leave so hopefully it's a go. There is a tourney March 13 that is a day tourney 8am to 5pm going out of Riverside.

8. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    Well, at least we don't have to worry about UVA beating UNC-Duke-Wake.

9. larry d. grady

larry d. grady Member

State:
    north caro
    everybody needs to quit whining and enjoy the fellowship and the sport of cat fishing,and have a great time while the lord gives you the benefits of his great creations.your grown men,enjoy the rest of your life on earth and reel in some biguns.

10. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    Kerr lake being shared by NC and Va makes the comraderie between the catmen throughout the year except for that 1 winter day stronger. Nothing wrong with alittle smack flying around and everyone knows if the table was turned we would be getting it.
    In any case, a first class tournament and getting bigger every year.

11. flo

flo Member

State:
    fay nc
    Yes the ST.JUDE TOURMENT was tuff, I was also tired but it was a great tournament I finished in 6 th place. But I hate to say I will not be able to make it this yr because I am overseas in AFG. So good luck to all and maybe I will see everyone the yr after.
    P.S. save me some cats so I can do some fishing when I get home for good, I should be home for a little R/R in march I am going to be doing a two day trip on the cape.

12. Cathunter Pete

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Hey bro be safe over there! I ended up 25th and the fishing was definately tough in the Fayetteville stretch! When you get back in March there is a tourney held by Robert Kitchen on the 13th of March. PUt in is at riverside. If you need a fishing partner to go out with let me. I'd be more than happy to go out or take you out on my boat. Be safe brother and thanks for you service!

13. flo

flo Member

State:
    fay nc
    THANKS LET ME SEE WHAT THE WIFE HAS GOING ON. YOU KNOW I STAY IN FAYETTEVILLE, NC RIGHT BY THE 87 BOAT RAMP ITS IS ONLY 20 SEC FROM MY DRIVE. I WILL LET YOU KNOW SOMTHING WHENE I GET BACK MABY YOU CAN JUST COM BY AND SHUT THE SH?? . RIGHT PAST THE LITTLE CHURCH IF KNOW THE ONE I AM TALKING ABOUT. I WILL SHOOT YOU MY PHONE NUMBER WHENE I GET BACK OK