I would quit deer hunting

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by zappaf19, Nov 28, 2007.

1. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
  2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Wouldn't open for me.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I cant believe that deer stood there for three rounds.

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    That deer must have known the guy.... They don't stand around like that where I live......

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Ive had a doe give me a 2nd chance in archery season but she ran a short distance then I misjudged the new distance and missed. But for 3 rifle shots, it was begging to be harvested. Id have to spend the rest of the season at the range training before going in the woods again if I were him.

6. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    There are a few things that could be going on here.....he bumped his scope/sights somewhere between the range and the stand....i've had it happen, luckily i caught it sighting in my gun the next season. Or he's like a LOT of people these days....hunting is a game. They dont take the time to sight in their guns, or practice enough to hit things their shooting at. This second option are the ones that Irk me something fierce:angry:. They dont care about the hunting, they just wanna kill an animal to say they did it. They dont care wether they wound an animal or whether it suffers. I'm guessing beings all his shots were about the same spot, he probably bumped his sights somewheres..... I sure hope this is the case. I've seen deer sit around for that many shots a few times, but the last time i had seen this, they were used to the propane cannons the farmer was using in his watermelon field (to keep them away, or try anyways).

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It just wasn't that deer's day to die. The shots looked about three feet to the left. That's a bit more than bumping the scope. If he had seen the puff of dirt from the first couple shots, it seems like he could have aimed at the deer's butt and maybe hit him. LOL

8. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Looks like it is on one of them deer farms. There is another hunting stand down the road there and the place is cleared real nice for a good shot at anything that comes out. I am sure that is a food plot out there. I have my own opinions on the quality of hunters that hunt in that environment. Sit in a hut, wait for deer to come into clearing, shoot away. Most likely it wasn't even his rifle, just a loaner from the hunting service. I won't say guide service, because you don't need a guide to drive you to a shooting hut.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'd say he either had the WORST case of buck feaver or he's the WORST shot ever :confused2::smile2:

10. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I missed a seven pointer a few years ago at about 250 yds because my scope had got knocked off. The first shot I shot over him by about 3 inches reloaded and got him with the second shot, but just barely, I just clipped his backbone and dropped him where he was standing.

11. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I agree with 223reload that guy had buck fever something terrible or he bumped his scope.Well there is option 3 he could just be a really bad shot.It sort of looked like he was trying to take a neck shot didnt it?I dont know why.
    I tell ya what i shot at a doe with my muzzle loader and missed her,heck i think i gave her a hair cut,but anyway she stood there and watched me the whole time i reloaded and i ended up getting her the second time.Duh! nice size doe but must have been young,or her fist encounter with a human.

12. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Thats has to be the worst case of dirt sightin I have ever seen. Ya would think the genius would have compensated just a little on the second and third shot. Heck he would have probably done better just throwin the gun at the deer.

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Hope I dont have that problem tomorrow morning when I take my rifle for a walk!

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    may have been some guy letting his 4 or 5 year old son or daughter try and kill it.or like others said he needed to clean his pants when he got home.

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Fellas I am sorry but I woulnd'nt even tell Lilly bout all that......I havnt shot a gun for better than 6 years and I know I am not that bad of a shot......SHHHOOOO---WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I know it sounds like a lie my hunting buddy shot at a buck 5 times with a muzzle loader.after the frist shot the buck never moved so he reloaded and shot again and the deer didn't move,he shot at that deer 5 times before it fell.I thought he was telling me a lie till I skined the deer,it had 5 holes going in and 2 coming out the other side and I found 3 bullets.The frist shot had nicked the spine and the deer locked up and he thought he missed.

17. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    As for the accuracy, I won't comment on it.
    As for the deer standing there, I can just about guarantee that it thought it was thunder. Different sound, but a close enough to the sound of thunder.

18. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If his grouping in the dirt was good, I would have to say it was his scope, but, the shots were all over the place! There are just some people who think that technology and gadgets will make them a better shooter, and rely on their equipment. They don't see the need to practice shooting or believe in familiarity with their equipment. I've seen several people slap a scope on a rifle, bore sight it, and go hunting with it, then wonder what went wrong when they missed the deer by several feet!However, my hunting partner put a brand new scope on his muzzy this year and had it clover leafing at the range. 6 days later, he missed two deer in 30 minutes. We took it back to the range, and the scope had slipped off by over 5 feet! Who knows exactly what happened to that guy.

19. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    looks like his gun is shooting left ,way left.there is and old indian saying,one shot deer,two shot maybe ,three shot no way!