I would not have made a very good cowboy

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Jan 5, 2010.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    :Stars: I had to go to the emergency room yesterday as I could not get in to see my regular doctor.

I was unfortunate enough to inherit from my father genetically passed on fatty cysts. These cysts are usually harmless and can usually be easily removed. However sometimes they get inflamed and have to be removed for sure then.

I've had one of these cysts on my back for several years and it was only the size of a nickel. Last week it decided to get inflamed and infected which in turn turned into a staff infection. I did not know that it had gone staff and thought it could wait til after the holiday weekend to be seen about when I could get in to see my doctor. This thang took off tho and grew from the nickel size that it had been from last week to about the size of my fist yesterday.

I couldn't get in to see my doctor yesterday and they told me it wouldn't be until Friday when I could get in to see him so I opted to go to the emergency room.

Well let me tell you that was another whole ordeal in itself. Unless you have an extreme emergency don't go to the emergency room in El Dorado. We got there last nite at around 6:45 and didn't get called in til 9:45 and that was just to get some information. After they got the information they put me in a room where we sat for another 3 hours before the doctor ever even came in. After looking me over and deciding he was gonna have to lance and drain and clean that cyst out he left and it was another hour or so before he ever came back to do the procedure. We didn't leave the hospital until after 2:30 this morning.

Now getting back to why I wouldn't have made a good cowboy.... well before lancing this cyst he tried to numb me down with lanicane but because of the cyst already being broken from so much swelling and it was trying to ooze the lanicane did not take affect because it just came back out.

The doctor then proceeded to lance me and clean me out without the affects of the lanicane. Let me tell you by the time it was all said and done with I knew that I would have never been able to have someone dig a bullet out of me.

Then after he got me cleaned out he decided to pack it... He stuffed about 2.5ft of packing up in my back and again with no deadening.

I may be a big guy but when i have to deal with that kind of pain I'm just a little kid.

2. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    that has gotta hurt!!!! a real cowboy would have had a bunch of whiskey ,,, so that would make you tougher than a real cowboy!!!! right !!!!

3. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Well believe me I was a wishing that I was dead drunk about then lol

4. Graham

Graham New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Man that sounds like a really fun evening. I hope you get the staff cleared soon, that stuff is nasty.

5. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ya big wuss Wink. I hope it drains out and heals up soon.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Brother that was hurting me as I was reading it

7. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I had 2 cystis on my wrist from weight lifting...They said when it hurts bad hit it with a book as hard as you can and see if it pops..it never did so the said come in and we will remove it...so they did and they put some medicene i dont remember what it is called and it swelled up as big as a golf ball..NO_JOKE im dead seious it was HUGE...and he hit it with this little mallet and the swellinf went down..I think it was the pocket of the medicine but then he took a scaple and did a cross cut(like he place where ou put a straw in a plastic lid from a restraunt..) and squeezed it right out and it looked so cool and gross at the same time!!!lol..I hope you get better...I didnt feel any pain at all i think the crap was numbing stuff...im not sure.

8. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Kevin...... OUCH!!!!!!!! I think even a cowboy would cry!!!:=:)

9. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i think that i would change doctors if he wouldn't see me for something serious enough to go to the emergency room for. hope it heals quickly kev.

10. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Went back to the doctor yesterday evening and he took the packing out of it and looked at it and said he couldn't believe that the doc at the ER didn't put a couple stitches in it just to help draw it back together. As it is I got a huge hole in my back. So he decided to get a special ointment made up to help draw the tissue up and put other medicines in it as well to help heal it.

One of the ingredients was another anti-biotic to help speed up the kill of any infections along with what I was already taking orally. Then there was another ingredient that was used for something but the base ingredient for the ointment to help draw it back up ...... get this..... was Preparation H.:time-out:

11. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Hope you heal up soon !!!! And I bet John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Randolph Scott, James Stewart and all the others woulda been whimpering at that. OUCH !!!

12. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Your a tougher man than me.I have had to have stitches twice with no deading , once in the eyelid and another time in my upper lip.Both times I cried like a little girl:freaked-out:

13. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    well, it's common knowledge....i better quit here

14. The Pirate

The Pirate New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    dogon Kevin! I hope you get well soon!

we've had our dealings with the ElDo ER! we try to avoid it at all costs!

get well soon sir & call me if you need anything! I'm just a couple blocks from WalMart & will bring you ANYTHING you may need from town! yes, even an extra case of Preparation H! :)

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kevin I hope it heals fast for you. I could feel the pain as I was reading your post. The biggest pain will be the bill.

16. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Least I got good insurance Mickey.

17. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Sorry to hear about another dumb jerk DR. You should have grabed him by the nads and when he ask "If you had to rate the pain from 1 to 10, what would it be" I'd of said, you'll know...
    Get well soon

18. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Your not alone Kevin, Im a big ol baby with that stuff too.
    Seems like I can handle the big stuff ok, but when it comes to docs pokin and proddin and stickin Im a wuss.