I would be happy with just one...

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kat in the hat, Nov 17, 2008.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is a cool video. Good, clean kills. Would you do it though, or would you wait for a clean shot on one deer?

[youtubevid]ooDkRYZw7HQ[/youtubevid]

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    neat but looks like a good way to cripple up one too. I'll shoot at one and take the other when i got the first one down.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Personally, one at a time.

4. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    id only shoot at one first.. too risky for my tastes

5. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Most unethical piece of BS I have ever seen. Anyone that would try to do that on purpose should not be hunting. Shooting them with machine guns might look pretty cool too but that don't make it right.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't make much sense to me, I would be happy with one

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's a cool video, but I would just go with one at a time. There is too much chance of a bullet getting deflected or fractured by a bone and wounding the second one.

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    If it were by accident that would be one thing . I would try to wait till one stepped clear of the other . This kind of thing happens or happened alot back when there were plenty of quail around or doves . Too risky in just wounding big game . my opinion .

9. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i really wasnt that impressed with the video. maybe if he pulled an old larry bird micheal jordan mc'donalds commercial. you know...

off the rock, around the tree, past the bush... nothing but heart.

seriously though. i think that would be a bad decision. and i am a guy who likes head shots (which have allready been debated.) so that is really saying something.

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wouldn't do it either. There is a couple more videos like this on youtube, but this one is the only clean kill. Another one shows the second deer flopping around on the ground. Something PETA would have a field day with. I don't know why people put stuff like that out there. Are they really proud? Idunno. There is another video called 'Four deer in 8 seconds.' A guy just open fires on a herd of does with a shotgun. Don't know how many were actually killed, and how many were wounded. Pretty sad video though. A lot of deer need to die, but there is no reason to be disrespectful of them, and post unethical videos like that. Some people....:angry:.

Anyways, there is a video called 'Trophy buck shot, innocent bystander killed.' I laughed my butt off. He misses the deer totally, and in the background, a rabbit flies into the air. Funny stuff.

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Like the rest said on their posts, I totally disagree on this type of hunting. There is to much of a chance of wounding the deer behind the first one shot. Risking the chance of crippling the deer. Like one of the members said, " that's a bunch of BS". Not cool at all!:angry: I would personally like to talk to the hunter liable for that unethical action and give him my 2 cents!!:confused2:

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Whats that saying....One rotten apple....

13. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I wouldn`t take a shot like that because of the risk of wounding one of them.

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I guess the killing shot on an 8 pointer aimed dead center of a holly tree was unethical.

I swear that meat had a slight holly flavor to it.:smile2: Toothpicks included with the meal.
    Sometimes you have to be creative to hunt briar infested southern swamps or holly infested ridges. Off the rock, swipe the tree, slap the pine cone, fine red mist.

15. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I agree with you. Good way to cripple one.

16. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Unethical and unresponsible . If he had waited till they started to leave the area. They could have shot the back one first. The other would have ran a short distance and stopped and it could have been taken with a follow up shot.

17. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Once when my oldest son and I was hunting together I shot the deer in the rear and the one in front ran 30 yards up the hill , stopped to look back to see where the buddy got to and my son popped its boiler room. That is how I knew that trick.

18. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Not impressed, everyone knows that a bullet will exit a deer. Now that same shot with a bow...now we're talkin!:eek:oooh:

On the other hand I agree with most everyone here that risky shots are left for pop cans and propane bottles, not deer. Jeez it's no wonder we hunters get a bad rap with all the crap videos on youtube.