I wonder

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by kryton, Dec 31, 2006.

1. kryton

kryton New Member

State:
    ohio
    is garlic eny good for cat fishin? and if so how would u use it

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I use garlic powder when I cure chicken livers, you could probably stir em in raw liver too.

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Yes in deed garlic is good to mix in bait:big_smile:

4. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Brian,
    Will you please explain curing liver.I use fresh chicken liver sometimes but it doesn't last to long.I assume curing will make it last longer without going bad.
    Jake

5. kryton

kryton New Member

State:
    ohio
    curing maks the liver smell last longer and galic makes it stronger smelling:0a26:

6. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Check the artical out in the library it is a very good guide to curing livers

7. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    ive used garlic salt in two different ways.................one way is to just sprinkle some into your tub of liver a day or two before you go fishing and it will flavor the livers, and yes it makes a difference in the amount of bites that you get FOR SURE !!! the other way is to coat your liver with it and let them dry in the sun for about 2 hours per side, be sure to put plenty of garlic salt on the exposed side of the livers and dry both sides for around two hours.......that is how i CURE mine.

another thing that works great on livers is add about 1/4 of a packet of strawberry banana JELLO powder into a tub of liver let this soak in the tub with the livers for a day or two before using it, i gaurantee it will catch MORE fish then plain livers will !! GIVE IT A TRY !!!