I wonder if carp like spinach?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by wishiwasfishin, Apr 14, 2006.

1. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i was going threw the store today and happen to look down and see a bag of spinach.well for some reason the first thing that came to mind were carp.so i bought the bag and got to rumbling threw the kitchen tonight and came up with this.

bag of spinach,some vanilla flavor,corn flakes and some Karo syrup.mixed it all together and it just might work.i'm having a hard time getting it to form a ball so i added a little flour to it.i made 2 different bags and one of them i put a bag of strawberry jello in it.if the cats ain't hitting tomorrow then i'm going to give it a try.what does everybody think,will it work?:)

2. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I dunno man but it sounds like one heck of a mix to me! Why dont ya try it and see how it tastes! LOL:)

3. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    you know it don't smell all that bad but i'm going to stick to popeyes word on how it taste.:)

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    What a terrible thing to do to a perfectly good bag of spinach! LOL!

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I always found, that the best way to catch carp is to not fish for them. They always seem to hit when you are fishing for catfish, LOL!!!

6. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Might actually be good for grass carp.

7. Dnedster

Dnedster New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Remember what happened to Popeye when he ate his spiniach hang on!

Yikes super carp!!!!!!!!!!

8. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Well at least they will get a few servings of veggies. Personally I like to wilt my spinach with bacon grease and vinegar/water. Add some salt/peppr. Catches this fisherman every time.

9. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    My poor old dog didn't like spinach for the first week it sat in her bowl... but after that , she got hungry and the spinach wasn't all that bad !!! LOL

Sorry He HE HE

10. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    well it seemed to work really well or i just had one heck of a day fishing. i ended up with 10 carp in all the biggest was around 6 or 7 pounds,man it was a blast.my catfish poles didn't do so well today but at one time i was trying to land a big carp and set the hook on a channel.all in all i only caught the channel cats but they aint big enough to brag about.:)

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    that's good,i may have to try that sometime soon.

12. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am not surprised the spinach caught for you. Carp are vegetarians. I mix bait on the spot. I keep flour, cornmeal, and strawberry soda in the trunk and a bowl to mix it in. Bread crust and crumbs are used to hold together the flour better. One day I was out of cornmeal and bread and only had flour and lake water. The flour did not dough up enough to stay on a hook, so I added some dried dirt and wild onion that was growing. I just used the green part, cut it up and mixed it in too. Put the hook into as many blades as possible and flung it out. Not to long after that I hooked into a 15lb grass carp, then a 9lb common.I tried plain grass and had less luck. I feel the strong scent may have drawn them too it since the clippings end up in the pond after it is mowed.

13. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I think they like it, I always heard Sockeye liked spinch..... there I go again, I guess it was Popeye that like spinach, Sockeye are salmon, I get confused easily, my bad.lol I am sorry, I had to do it, OK, I'll go to my room.