I woke up this morning, and...

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Owl, May 17, 2009.

1. Owl

Owl New Member

State:
    Gainesvill
    had the desire to catch a catfish.

Hey ya'll - I didn't see a "hey, I'm new here" section, so I thought I'd flex my posting fingers here and go ahead and let you guys know what you're in for. ;)

First things first...I'm 39, I'm more conservative than John Adams and Rush Limbaugh combined( or if not, I'm dern close to it) and I've been fishin' since I was about 3. Yep. Mom's got a picture of me with a bass on a stringer that hangs clear from my head to my diaper.

I've spend the last 22 years or so chasing mostly bass or trout, but I grew up fishing from my uncle's dock on Lake Sinclair for catfish and crappie with my Dad, my uncle and our next door neighbor. For the last 15 years or so, I was big into flyfishing for trout. Sometime over the last couple of years, my fishing seems to have slowed to a trickle....and to be honest with you, I can't really tell ya why? I just don't go as often as I used to( every other weekend), and don't fish as hard when I get there. I'm not gone all day anymore, without eating, and coming home with raw thumbs from 10inch bass. ;) LOL
    My biggest cat was probably just under 10 pounds, caught from a little lake in my hometown at night on chicken livers. Then, I saw the unexplainable monster thing, and never fished there again. Ever. (another time, perhaps)
    I'm not much of a fish eater...maybe once a month or so...but I do like to catch pretty much anything I can, just for fun.

So, today I woke up(or rather, in the wee hours of this morning - hey, I am an old hand at the nightfishin' thing, so I'm supposed to be up in the wee hours, right? :) )and decided that I might go try to catch a catfish today.
    I'd be more sure I was going to do that very thing, had I gotten more than an hour and a half of sleep last night. Maybe I'll go throw out a line and kick back for a nap.

At any rate, I just wanted to say hello to everyone and say something along the lines of " HOLY MOLY, there's ALOT OF INFO on this website!"

Happy stinkbaitin',
    Owl

PS. I've been banned on all the major trout forums in the southeast, but I gave up fightin' windmills, city hall and the DNR long ago. Now, I just growl at the feds. ;) LOL Many thanks to the folks that put this thing together, and I hope to meet some of you on the water someday and put faces with the nicknames!

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Welcome to the club Jeff!

3. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    ops..:eek:oooh:

4. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Welcom aboard Jeff,,
    You can Chat "argue" with the guys in the HIGH INTENSITY area all you want you will have lots of company in there,, :wink: "you have to sighn up for the area in your CP"
    Also you might want to update your CP and give us a idea on where you live , Maybee you are close to some of us and we can get together and make a trip to the river some time...Always glad to have a new Ga member around...:big_smile:
    Puddle

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Not another Georgia guy! Oh well, welcome to your new home anyway.
    I suppose one more cant hurt.:roll_eyes:
    I couldn't help notice that you have vast experience in catching bait, typing and general cajoling. It's been my experience in the last six years here that you have the makings of a fine Catfish'n brother...........:wink:

6. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    welcome to the BOC bro.

7. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Not only is this site based in Georgia, we also have the best members. :smile2: LM_O

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Welcome! Dive rite in.:cool2:

9. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Except for that guy from JOISY. He's pretty cool. :big_smile:

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now don't forget where The Boss spent his formative years Paul.:wink:

11. Gazippoman

Gazippoman New Member

State:
    GA
    Welcome to the BOC Jeff. Plenty of info in here, with plenty of knowledgable members. I'm in Duluth, GA, but love to fish all over the state, even though I never seem to have the time to hit most of it! We can use all the GA members we can get!

Bill

12. Owl

Owl New Member

State:
    Gainesvill
    Thanks for the welcome, ya'll. Looks like my fishing today has been postponed until after work tomorrow, unless I can sneak out this evening for an hour or two. I cross two bridges over Lanier on the way home from work each day and always see folks fishing there.

I'm in Gainesville, closer to the 400 side. I'll try to get in there and update my info.

I can't believe the number of new posts today. Don't know how ya'll keep up with 'em all. :) wooohoo.

Thanks again for the welcome. I'll try my best to only be a pain every now and then! :big_smile_2:

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people!

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to a great site man!! rollo

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeff Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. :0a23::0a25::0a25:

16. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jeff, Welcome to the BOC from Texas!

17. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Welcome to the BOC Jeff.

18. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    welcome to the BOC this is the best site ever!:big_smile:

19. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Welcome to the BOC Jeff, you will like it here for sure.

20. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Jeff. Welcome to the BOC from NE Oklahoma.