i wish we could buy

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by russ, Feb 27, 2008.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    im on line getting my fishing permits for all the states i fish in. man talk about a rip off. i wish we could buy a permit for the state you live for the normal price, or pay lets say 100 bucks for a permit that will let you fish the main land waters of the usa. lets see mo. ky. tn. al. ak. = alot of $ forgot ms.:angry: plus the boat ramp fees some towns & rec. areas charge. oh well just a thought.

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I agree with you 100% on that one man..Anyway for them to make a buck off of you I guess.:confused2:

3. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Not sure about other states but the Kentucky Dept. of Fish and Wildlife recieves no funds from the state. All of its revenue comes from the sale of licenses and some federal money from the Pittman-Robertson Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act.
    Here is a link. The History of the Kentucky Department of
    Fish and Wildlife Resources from Settlement
    Through 1944

http://fw.ky.gov/kdfwrhistory.asp?lid=1715&NavPath=C557

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    One problem. States rights.
    You are buying a license for state water not federal water.

I dont know what NC is doing now but probally 18-20 years ago when I was peddling state license NC came out with a great plan for non resident licenses.

Ok , you are a non resident from Alaska wanting to do some hunting down here while you visit mom. I look at my chart and look at the customer.
    That'll be 900 dollars.
    You are crazy , you are out of your mind I'm not paying that.

Sir, take a look at this here chart. You see, if a NC resident goes to hunt in Alaska , your state his license fee is 900 dollars. If he wants to hunt he pays it.
    Hey, we're just being totally fair here.

As far as paying for license fees. I have no problem with it. I fully supported a saltwater license being implemented in this state and I saltwater fish.
    Its a voluntary tax. As long as the money goes to the saltwater fisheries fund I dont see a problem.
    Now if it went into the general fund, I'd be mad.

5. flatheadHunter84

flatheadHunter84 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i think missouri has one of the best funded state programs and has one of the best conservation departments around, and are licenses are reasonabl compaired to some places. Some of the states are underfunded and it shows. I dont mind spendind the money here in Missouri because I can see that it is being put to good use. It is money well spent.

6. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    mark i pay them & i injoy the time i spend in the diff. states, its just funny that i have five diff. permits to do the same thing. but i wouldnt stop fishing in these states due to the permits and there cost. it would just be easy if there was just one.

7. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I would be great if you could buy a national licenses but at the same time that would involve a federal agency to handle it. That would probably just turn into a great big ole mess fast.

8. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    yeah i know it was just a wish. if they did that the gov. would have to have a new fishin permit cabnet. lol you know to see if we had any unpaid parking tickets and such. plus they would make us get a permit to bring fishing poles across state line. one of those be carful what you wish for you might get it:smile2:

9. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    \

I have to agree.

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    It sure would be nice to be able to just buy a license for a region. The problem would be the states fighting over how much each gets. Also they know we are going to buy them individually anyway.

11. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    I believe that most out of state liscence's are high for clean up of there water way's and to protect most all water way's.

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Russ, I agree with you. It is a sort of a pain in the backside to procure all of the different states license for sure. But, for the reasons all the bros have listed it's more or less undoable. I'll be in line with ya at each of those states taking my medicine too. :smile2::smile2: I dont have the time or inclination to research each and every state to see where my money goes, I reckon I'll just have to trust some of it goes towards the fisheries programs. It is the goverment after all :wink:

I agree with the Poster about the State Of Missouri. I think they do an outstanding job. They are a PROactive force, and not a REactive force. Now if we can these commercial laws restricted just a little bit, well be sitting pretty durn good. The State is somewhat receptive to change, so I have my fingers crossed.