I will be near Jonesboro For Three Weeks

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Blade4130, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Hello, my name is Don and am from Independence Missouri. I will be in the Jonesboro area in Hoxie visiting familly for three weeks. From the 29th to around Sept 15th -20th. I don't know any places to fish around there at all, but am going to bring a pole along. I was wondering if anybody would like a fishing partner during my stay in Arkansas.

2. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Are all you guys in Arkansas dead or just keep to yourselfs? not even one little responce from any of you? no hospitality at all? Not even to say "hey" I don't need a fishing partner, but you may want to check out this place. I already know there is at least a couple of you around that area. There is a reply to every single post but mine:confused2: I don't need a fishing partner and will find places myself. I thought the BOC was about helping eachother, getting to know people and maybe meet new people. At least thats how we are here in Missouri. Any out of towners we get, most of us missourians help them as much as we can and look forward to meeting new people.

If one happens to see me out on the water don't be afraid to hi. Have a great holiday weekend and good luck fishing to all of you:big_smile:

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Dont live around those parts...:tounge_out: However i used to have to go to training there every year for a whole week.......we always drove over to west memphis & fished the mighty Mississippi:wink: There are several swamps on the way there & a refuge if i remember right..

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I dont live over there either, but get you an atlas and it will show you lots of places to fish. Could be folks that do live over there just havent seen your post. Arkansans arent bad folk, that kinda negativity prolly aint gonna help much , Hope you find someone to fish with.

5. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
  6. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Hey I'm about 70 miles away. We fish every Friday night at Horseshoe Bend at Crown Lake. You're welcome to go too. Can make room for 1 more in the boat. Might even hit the Spring River and try for some trout if you're up to it. Also some decent bass in there too. Not a whole lot planned for the next few weeks either until it's hay cutting time again.

Shoot me an e-mail and if nothing planned on a certain day would be able to hit the waters with ya.

squirtspop@yahoo.com

7. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Welcome to the BOC and to Arkansas! Lil Mac is right. Negativity will get you nowhere! Some guys such as myself find time to get on the board and post whenever they can. Some of us may have so much going on at one time with family and such and may not get to reading all the post for several days!!

8. jdoyle

jdoyle New Member

State:
    AR
    I went to school in Jonesboro, but now live in Marion. You may want to check out the Black River. I am not really familiar with specific fishing locations though.

9. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Thanks guys, sorry to come off in a very negative way. That sincerely wasn't my intentions, but I am sure it came off that way to many of you. I greatly appoligize if I offended anybody. After a couple of days or better I figured no body was going to write. I greatly appreciate the offer to go fishing with you. The airlines wanted way to much to bring my pole along so I had to leave it at home. Today I did find and stopped by the black river. It looks much more fishable than the Mississippi without my gear being here. I plan to just go buy a zebco hawg or something real cheap from Wally World, a days license and give it a try this weekend. Originally I was going to be here for three weeks, but my stay is probably going to be a week and a couple of days now. Some things came up back at home that I will have to attend to. It's nice small town feelin country around here with great people. I have had some damn good country cookin that is a little different than home during my stay. Good luck to all you guys and hopefully I will get down here more often next year:big_smile: