I will be in Monaca Pa

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by ryang, Apr 5, 2006.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Will be staying over in Monaca Today if anyone wants to get together. Monaca is about 20-30 miles north of Pitt.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    ryang - Welcome to Pa.! If I didn't have to work afternoon shift today I would ride out to meet you. I looked on the map and see that the Ohio River is right there at Monaca. Good luck if you fish!

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Thanks PACatchaser, I didnt bring my poles I thought that I would be doing too much work but this guy here pretty much knows his stuff Ill be here tomorrow till about 2ish then Ill be driving back home. One thing tho is all of PA like this cant find street sign unless you pay someone and all how the road are almost got taken out by some truck getting on 20. All in all very nice town tho.

4. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    hey guys I grew up in Monaca...used to catch walleyes, saugers, musky, bass and panfish by the 100's out of the ohio and some big cats.

On your way out of monaca toward aliquippa there used to be a set of tanks on the right side...we used to park by the tanks walk across the blvd and down a flight of stairs and then down a foot path leading to the river...there was a feeder creek that flowed into the river....there was about a 10 foot drop off we used to fish that drop off with creek chubs and cut bait...

we would catch every type of fish you could think off from walleyes to musky....sure miss that fishing hole...my friend even caught a nice rainbow trout out of the river...not sure where he came from.

We fished that hole for 15 years when the steel mills were operational we would only catch carp and cats but as they closed and the river got cleaner we would catch everything...if everything is still the same and you get time you should fish that spot ...you wont regret it..

5. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Ryang

Pa can be bad but NJ is worse.