I was shocked

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by LazyBum, Oct 1, 2009.

1. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I had a friend of mine go out to Gibson Dam a week or so ago. Seems like him and a couple buddies was fishing, and some older guy comes in and just kinda nuzzles his way in to where they was, tossing out there getting tangled up with everybody. I guess it really ticked off my friend, he said had the guy not been so old, he'd of busted his chops. Said he called that ol boy a rude SOB and I guess a few other choice words and left. LOL I laughed at him, and said "worked huh, the ol man won"

2. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    That really gets me hot under the collar when someone does something like that. Or, if I am anchored fishing and kids comes flying by me on jetskis. I have a buddy that will cast after them. I haven't done that yet, but sure thought about it. They act like they are the only ones out there. Like the guy that pushed his way in on your friend.

3. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    extexun, I understand, it also bugs me if somebody comes up and drops anchor right where I am fishing from the bank.... but, usually I just have that problem down on the gulf of mexico.... not so much at the local lakes. Drives me crazy, a whole dang ocean out there and they need to anchor and fish where I am... buts my tail good

4. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    ft gibson dam IMO seems like the most crowded dam i've ever fished at.. with the most people that disregard where exactly they cast out at...

5. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    This also gets me a little hot under the collar. But I got to admit. It is nice having Big Cat Gear! I can pretty well just rip there pole out of there hands if they want to get nasty about it. Wouldn't be the 1st time I've caught a rod and reel nor the last.
    :0a26:​

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    :smile2:herd that done that a few times at hillsdale in my younger days LOL:smile2::big_smile::cool2::wink:

7. outdoorsaddict

outdoorsaddict New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Doesn't bother me as long as they have a good attitude and a smile on their face. Plenty of fish for everyone to have a good time. Met a lot of good folks fishing and many good times had in crowded spots.

8. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i hate fishing crowed spots:angry:

9. Navy_Seal

Navy_Seal New Member

State:
    Northeast oklahoma
    about 3 weeks ago me and my older brother were at ft gibson fishing, this dude was snagging and he reeled in his pole and sat down, so my bro started fishing where he was at, as soon as my bro casted that dude poped my bro in teh jaw and the fite was on, my bro whipped him, but wtf really how immature you gotta be to hit sumone just cuz they fished your spot, he wasnt even fishing there any more he sat down lol

10. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    One spring I had caught several crappie out of one spot while waist deep in the water jigging. All of a sudden a cork almost hits me as it whizzed by my head and lands beside me! Ol boy just kept casting beside me or by the tip of my jig pole. Due to the job I have, hitting him upside the head with a ten foot jig pole was not an option. Then you have dam fishing. When everyone is on the wall and the generators are going each person knows when to reel and when to cast so everyone can fish. Then arrives the drunk or the "expert" with no clue to the big picture who aimlessly casts and tangles everyone up. That usually doesn't end well for the guy that just shut down everyones fishing. Or when you are camping by the edge of the lake and some guy sets his stuff down in the middle of your camp and starts fishing by your rods. I guess we can go on and on and on about how inconsiderate some people are.

11. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    It takes all kinds of people to make the world go around... even rude idiots

12. jorne

jorne New Member

State:
    Texas
    Stinking catfish dip bait can be "accidently" slung to clear away people who elbow in on you while bank fishing. You should practice with flour paste to obtain the necessary accuracy skills. Be sure to get the extra sticky blood dip for its mature rankness.

13. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma

I also found that when you are camping on the creek bank and people invade your camp, they tend to leave as soon as you and your friends start target practicing with all of the different kinds of guns everyone brought! Being safe of course and having a good back stop and being aware of where your bullets may go. And make sure it's legal where you are. Did I cover all of the safety issues so that no one picks my post apart?

14. hog223

hog223 New Member

State:
    southern logan county ok
    that's a good one, i like that ! that should get them on the move. i was out at arcadia lake one time when an older black man came to fish by me, he braught a big radio with & started blasting some soul church music & i'll be honest, i took it for asout 15 minutes & i was gone.

15. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    LOL sounds like my friend at gibson that got run off.... They won!