I was on the news

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ulikedew, May 7, 2009.

1. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Was on the local news last night.Over the past month in a half I had my house broke into twice.The first time I had a Xbox 360 stolen. The second time I had a replacement 360 stolen that I only owned for 3 days.I also had a DS,digital camera, and a Zune stolen. All of these were Christmas presents for the kids. They left a laptop,pc,tv's dvds and most important the poles alone.Anyways just got to sleep when the news pulled up wanting to interview me.Unfortunatly they did not post a video but they posted the content.
    http://www.wlky.com/news/19386573/detail.html

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Its friends of your kids that got you, especially the second time.

That is some sacks that only a young male will have.

Be interested in what you finally figure out.

3. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I think so too, either that or the kids told the wrong person at school what they got or it was overheard, Only thing is the article says one guy was home when the "men" broke in. Shakin my head :confused2:

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    thats a bad way to make the news :embarassed: could be a FRIEND of your kids :embarassed: i seen somebody else make the news for loosing their x-box i think the reason they made the news was because it was someone who lived near by and they didnt take the controler and they ended up tracking them down by using the wireless remote. i dont know how it worked because i dont have one but i guess the remote was linked to the x-box and when it was in range it came on and busted.... is that how it goes? did they get your controler?:wink: also you could send the kids on recon to any friends house that have been to your house. if you have your sereial # busted. sorry for your misfortune wish you luck in getting your stuff back.

5. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    That is what we thought the first time it happened but then my neighbors barn got hit.He had an air compressor and chainsaw stolen.The second time I had the Xbox for a few days and my kids never told anyone about it.I am suspecting my neighbor due to the way he has been acting.Trying to figure out a way of setting him up.Will keep you all updated on Catching A Scumball

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Dang Dew....Thats a crummy way to have to live, I feel for yas. Round here I can shoot ya dead for taking a gas can out of the yard....gotta love the south, LOL. Them crack heads/methheads are ones doing it...I would bet $$$$ on it. I bet the boys in the hood are playing x-box as we speak.

I would put a sign up that says " if you come in my house again I will kill you"..LOL.

There is a home alarm that's only a little pug-in box but it works good. It works by air pressure in the house. If someone opens a door or window it changes the inside pressure and goes off...really, really loud.

I hope they get em bro. I hate seeing good hard working folks living in this sitution.

-Jim-

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brian, several years ago our home was broken into while we were in another state on vacation. We had been gone a week and had planned another when our next door neighbor called us the news. They got my silver coin collection, 2 pistols, went joy riding in daughters new Camaro that was in the garage. They had found her keys in the house and drove the car several times. The garage was in the alley and had a garage door opener. They would return the car to the garage each night. They cashed the old silver dollars, buffalo nickels and others for face value.

Turned out to be my daughters girl friend's brother and a boy from across the street. We knew both of them. Both boys had good families. I had worked with one's dad for years. Might not have caught them but they left one of their drivers license in the car seat. One pistol was in the car, they had thrown one out of the window when the cops were after them. I got that gun back a couple months later when it was turned in to the police. I charged the parents an inflated price for the coins and the cost of a new Camaro minus trade in. My daughter had worked for several years to purchase the car. The boys were not given any jail time. One turned out very well, he is married, has family and a good job with the gas company. I don't know what happen to the other.

8. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Sorry your family got hit especially being Christmas presents and all.
    Maybe the worst will be over since the news of "Lock and Load" is out.
    If you think it's the neighbor, may have to get a nanie cam to prove it.
    Good luck and hope no one gets hurt. PS, don't tell the kids any of it.

9. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    You know I agree it had to be a youngster, look at what they took, they'll get busted!!! Sorry to hear about that!!!!

10. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    If you think it was your neighbor, start going through his trash to see if there's any wrappers or boxes from games or accessories. That is, if he puts his garbage can on the street for pickup.

11. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. It's someone that knows you and/or your's.

Old Roman proverb:

"From my enemies I can defend myself, but from my friends only God can save me".

Our home has been broken into once, and it was 'family' that did it. I was out on the back forty cutting wood and bringing it to the house every hour or so; they were opportunistic in catching me away, and very, very, fortunate that I never arrived home while they were there.

It took several months and an oath from me that I would not prosecute before the perpetrators were identified (I suspected them all along). Needless to say, they're no longer considered 'family'; and there are other forms of justice besides the court system and jail time.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i know how you feel i got hit a few months ago stole all my wifes jewelry and a digital camera we think it was the neighbor girl 15 yrs old there was another brand new camera laying a couple feet from the other and it wasnt touched or all my guns or anything else sheriff got fingerprints but not heard back from them yet and my moms house got hit which is about 200 ft from me got hit the other night which has set empty for over a year mom passed away my sister has been remodeling it and they got all there tools

13. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    They say that when the robbery is selective, 99% of the time the thief has been in your house before. SO, how many people do you know have been in your house AND your neighbors house since the stolen items were purchased? Short list?