I was gonna go catfishing today

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Mar 25, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was down in the basement getting my gear together and I started up the stairs, half way up my back decided to give out on me, it does it several times a year:mad: So I crawled up the stairs and my plans went down the drain..I am sure I would have gotten skunked anyway;)

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Man!!!

You can can't even catch a break - if it not one thing - it's another!!! :rolleyes:

But I hope the you get better Buddy. :0a32: :cross:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Your right Jack, it would have been a waste of time, NOT ! With your job situation the way it is, every minute counts while out on the water, whether you catch a fish or not. :)
    Sorry about your back, you are lucky you weren't fishing when it went out, and not be able to get your boat out of the water! Or worse loose a fifty one pounder.:sad:

4. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I went out for a couple of hours today, just to a pond I fish that's only about a mile away. Not even a little nibble, but it was great just being out. Weather was a bit cool with a few sprinkles and a few little snowballs coming down now and then. It was GREAT!! Sorry about your back hope it gets feeling great real quick, prayer from here.

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Dang Jack..just put in for disability and go fishin when ya can..:sad:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ken I have thought about the disability rout believe me, I just dont know how to go about it....This is a bad one I will probably be living in the bedroom for the next two weeks.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Hey Jack, do I need to come up there and whip you back into shape, LOL!!! I don't charge much:rolleyes: !!! Hope you get to feeling better,Ol'Dude, LOL!!!

Ps are you sure it ain't those long hours that got you down,;) !

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dang Jack, sorry to hear about that. Good it's not April..... I would be fishing w/out ya!!!!! :p

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dang man! you just cant win can ya? i pulled a muscle in my lower back thursday going after my pole after a channel almost yanked it in the water. it wasnt too bad, not as bad as yours sounds, i should be back to normal by monday(thanks to leftover muscle relaxers and pain pills:D) i pull a muscle in my back about 3 times a year, it sucks to say the least! keep a heating pad on the area and if you can get some muscle relaxers and some ibuprofin (anti-inflamitory)they will help speed things up. a doctor told me once to never leave heat on a pulled muscle longer than 20min, says to let it cool and re-peat process. apparently longer than 20min and your muscle fibers starts deteriorating. he also said that whenever you first feel the pain is not when the strain occured, its normally 24hrs before then. last 2 pulls i had i did feel the first pain the next day after trying to lift something too heavy so i think he's right on that one.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Brayn, you are such a loyal friend:sad:

11. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I took the kids and wife out fishing today at a local mill pond down the road. It usually is good for a few bites. Nothing today for me either. Same weather conditions up here in WI. No matter...we had a blast getting our lines wet and fingers frozen. Flathunter...hope your back gets better by the time the fish start bitin' good. Hope you got the outdoor channel to keep you entertained for a bit.

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Pink Bunny Slippers, Pink Fishing Poles, Pink Fishing Poles, Brokeback Mountain Things, now this........

:) :) :) :)

13. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Bryan what did I tell you about on him, he is just a little messed up brother. Don't worry when you meet him you will understand. LMAO

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Shoot, If it's only his back, he can still take pics of MY fish!

15. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    Hurry Up And Get Better Before April

16. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    i know if youd ask mellon he would carry you and put you in the boat, and reel in any fish ya might hook. get better soon. my money was going to be on you out fishing mellon, but between that back and your job you are struggling.

17. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hope all goes well with you, sorry to hear about your back.

18. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    so hows the back?...jack?:D

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went to work today, I did ok, had a couple sharp pains that almost droped me but I made it ok...I am ready to fish now!

20. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just in time, river temps should be in the 50's by weekend!