I was Dinked

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by drpepper, Jul 13, 2009.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Gave the a.m. thing a go this morning and took my uncle Bob along.
    I Parked the boat in several different hot spots of mine and we hooked up with every run-missing nothing. The flattie bite was on fire but unfortunately everything was dinks but we caught ALOT of em... making me believe that at least here, they're STILL spawning. Got some pics of 'em just cause it was my uncle that I hardly see very often.
    They were every one the same size as these so why take pics of em all- they all looked alike!, I guess between the two of us, we caught over twenty or so in about a two/three hour period. I think it was around maybe 3 am when the baby bite came alive. A few times both of us had two flatties on at a time lmao.... It was still kinda fun though.:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    Where do you fish for flatheads? I notice your in moorseville im only five minutes away do you fish close to moorseville, never caught a flathead trying to land my first one.

3. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey, congrats on the trip!! looks like the uncle still had fun! thats great, hope you get into the big boys soon! good luck, shane

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Otis, If I havent already told you, welcome to the BOC!
    Where abouts do you live?

5. gb306

gb306 New Member

State:
    indiana
    HEY CONGRATS ON THE NIGHT TRIP BEEN MEANING TO GET OUT ON THE RIVER BUT TRYING TO GET TIME ABOUTS WHERE DID YOU GUYS FISH ..

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats on a good night of catching some fish. I'd be happy everytime to catch fish when out for sure. Two on at a time very nice in deed.

7. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    Im located off of kentucky avenue about 5 minutes from moorseville. I live in Decatur

8. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Better to get dinked, than skunked. :wink:

9. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good job! Looks like you guys had a fun night of fishing

10. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    LOL! Good luck trying to get a diagnosis for your luck from this doctor! Anyways good job on the catch doc! I just wish we would have that problem around here!

11. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Dinked vs. Skunked... Let me see, I have fished all but 4 days in the past 21 days and have caught nothing but my bait!:embarassed:

Dude, we are seriously at a loss here with all the crap around town. Too many fished out places, too little new places and fish to catch. :sad2:

This SUCKS!:confused2:

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I told you I'd take you out.
    Otis, I'll take you too if you want. Get up an avatar so I can see your mug and make some post. I'll pm you with info.
    Do you cpr or do you fish for eaters?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  13. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    hey aleast you caught some flatties and did not get shunked--it looks like they are still on bed but like say you still catching some and did not get shunked

14. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Bill, I know you did and I highly appreciate your offer! I will take you up on it sooner than later I hope.:big_smile:

15. duff

duff Guest

Good job. That looked like a fun trip. We went Sat, Sun, and Monday nights with no flats and a few channels. We missed as many as we landed. Cal might post some pics in a few days after he gets home and recoups.

Those small ones are still fun to fight!

16. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the pics, congrats on all the dinks you guys caught and hope you get into some bigger flats soon!!! :wink:

17. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bill you are never satisfied... You catch a 30 pounder and you call it a dink.... LOL... cheer up man!! You caught a Boat load of flatties... we need to hit the river tomm or something

18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ahhh,, tomarro's Wendsday tho, my wifes gotta work 3 pm -11 pm... it'd have to be another am gig... those am'er's kill me.... but I do want to put presure on the flatties before those damn river-rat limb liners fish-out and sell all the big ones to the pay ponds this summer. Might try tonight... it'll be a last minute call- you want to meet out there with our boats tonight? Flattie stalker wants to do some fishing.

19. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    did you catch them around any structure or just in holes

20. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Yeah there still on the bed around here .I talked to a boy yesterday and he said he noodled a 70 pndr a couple days ago.